(6.5) Jason

If we're being entirely serious, Laura Fallwood was a woman full of mystery.

Deceptive eyes, controlling mechanisms, and her yolo-style friendliness did not go well together. She was out of place, as was her timing- as was her everything. Everything except her contract.

Cassidy hadn't tried to reach out to me by any means. No texts, no calls, no suspicious letters in the mail, where she'd tape a Butterfinger chocolate bar to her 'XO's just because she knew what kind of smile it'd throw me at. Was it my fault? Yes, you looney-tune.

Maybe letting her go was a rash decision; after all, we clicked after no more than an hour of talking in a simple grocery outlet two blocks away. What was it that was holding her back from me? Me?

Deleted messages and archived voice-calls to her littered my 'drafts' folder,and I suddenly grew wary of how well I could control my emotions, much rather reveal my ability to control another human being. I couldn't do as much as look at her contact name, yet it was still there, saved, and free to let me linger at it as I pleased. Why couldn't she be here to let me linger at her in person? Dumb animal, Jason.

It crosses my mind, one early morning, that Laura's proposition was as good as ever for me. I was never set to be in control. I needed to be away from responsibilities and emotional tendencies to flop on the floor and let me tear ducts shatter from the weight.

I fumbled with my fountain pen, rereading the contract over and over again, sparking soft and slow images of Cassidy's enjoyable demure while she leaned atop the counter and signed her name. Could she... Could she be doing such for someone else? Another Dominant? Much better than I could have ever been for her? Are you nuts? 'Course she is.

I shook my head, furrowing my eyebrows in concentration as I deliberately signed the document, each letter a whisper of air, huffing away any of Cassidy's flickering flames, relying on the dark, blue ink to fade away her memories.

I picked up the landline phone, twirling the cord around my finger as I waited for the other end to pick up, a smile drawing against my lips as the beeping ceased, and a dash of static noised through.

"Mistress," I greeted happily, unable to keep my wife smile off of my features.

"Jason," she cooed in delight. "Welcome back, pet."

**

Thank you all so much for your vigilant support! Double update just because I care 💕 Dedicated TOOO... @fallenangel786 for being incredibly happy to be the first one to comment on my last chapter haha, and TOOO @BadBoysForever123 for being completely engrossed in my next update. Thank you to you both! And to each one of you awesome peeps reading, voting, and comments ❤️
~Liam