I rolled my eyes and groaned. "Fine."

"Now go, I'll see you later." She said and walked away.

I took a deep breath and went the same way Ashton had. I didn't say anything until I had caught up with him.

"Hey, Ash." I said.

He stopped and turned around to look at me. "What do you want?"

His rude tone was making me not want to apologize but I knew I had to.

"I wanted to apologize for Saturday. I shouldn't have came at you like that." I said.

He nodded. "And?"

"And I promise it won't happen again and I won't tell Brooke." I finished. At least I hope I was, I had nothing else to say and who knows how much he expects from me.

"I want to apologize too. I realize what I said was wrong and you were just defending her. I won't say anything along those lines about her again." He held out hand for me to shake. "Friends?"

I took his hand and shook it. "Friends."

He smiled and I managed a small smile too.

"I'm glad you girls patched things up." Michael laughed as he slapped me on the back when he approached us.

"Yeah, we just had a little misunderstanding, that's all." I shrugged.

"Now that everyone's happy, when do all you want to record the new song and upload it to YouTube?" Cal asked.

"Doesn't matter to me." Mike said. "I'm just busy tomorrow night but other than that I'm free."

"Anytime is cool with me." I said.

"I've got plans tonight, what about Wednesday?" Ashton asked.

What kind of plans could you have if your girlfriend is out of town?

I shouldn't be jumping to conclusions. I'll overthink it and get mad again and probably lash out, possibly ruining the plan even more.

"Wednesday it is, then." Cal nodded.

The bell for first period rang and we bid each other goodbye before walking to our classes.

-

When lunch rolled around, I left my class to go to Avery's second period so we could walk to lunch together. I was waiting for her across the hall when she walked out with that guy she's always talking to.

"You again." He scoffed.

"Yep." I brought Avery closer to me and put my arm around her shoulder just to annoy him. "Aren't you just happy to see me?"

She stopped him before he could say anything. "C'mon you two, grow up."

"He started it." Dylan said.

"Hey, I just walked over to be with my girlfriend."

"Oh shut up with that bullshit." He rolled his eyes. "You're just like Evan, using people for your personal gain and not caring about how you affect them."

I'm glad no one was around because I was two seconds away from getting real pissed.

"Look you piece of shit-"

"Guys! That's enough, really." Avery said. "I'll see you later, Dylan." She said. She pulled on my arm and led me away from her annoying friend.

"Your friend is annoying." I stated.

"I'm sure he thinks the same of you, maybe worse." She replied. "He's just looking out for me."

"He needs to learn how to mind his own damn business." I rolled my eyes.