"Aww..then what is the problem, sweetheart?? Love is a blessing.. Why is my doll sad??" He asked her..

"I don't know papa.. Everything is so messed up..." She sighed..

"Why?? Doesn't he love you back?? Who is this special person whom my daughter loves but a moron to not reciprocate it back??" He asked in mock anger and she chuckled hearing him..

"Papa.. It isn't so.. He reciprocates my feelings but he is so confusing at times.." Nandini said thinking about Manik's still impending confession..

"Okay.. Listen to me.. Had your mother been there, she would have told you all this.. But now I have to do this.. Beta, men are the most confused souls on the earth.. They are never good at expressing their emotions.. But that doesn't mean, they don't feel them.. It's just that their ways of expressing themselves are different.. Like they start demanding your attention, or they show tantrums.. They would stick by your side all the time, would feel jealous of any man coming close to you.. They would find reasons to spend time with you.. And all these sides, they show only to the person they love.." Her father explained her and she had an ear to ear grin having found Manik behaving exactly the same...

"So tell me.. Are you still confused about him?? And if yes, then he might not be the one for you.." He added..

"No papa.. I know he loves me.. But papa, there is more to it.." She spoke the last part hesitantly..

"What??"

"He wants us to move in together.." She told him nervously..

"Do you want this??" He asked her and she went into deep thoughts...

"Yes.." She spoke after a long pause unsure of her own answer.. It came out of her mouth on its own accord.. But now she couldn't take her words back..Her father sighed at her response..

He knew it was time his daughter takes decisions for her own self.. He wouldn't be there forever.. And she had to learn to live by herself.. She might make mistakes but that was a part of her learning process.. He couldn't trust his daughter with a stranger but restricting her was no way out.. She might end up hiding things from him and he never wanted that..

"Do you trust him??"

"Yes.." She said instantly, confidence dripping in her voice..

"Look doll I don't know this guy and as a father, I wouldn't approve of this.. But I won't stop you either.. Follow your heart sweetheart.. Go where it takes you.. And hopefully, you won't make a mistake.. Even if you do, then making mistakes is not a sin.. But always learn from your mistakes.. And remember one thing, no matter what, you always have me.." He explained lovingly..

"Thank you papa.."

"You don't need to thank me, doll.. And yeah, I wanna meet this guy whenever I come there.."

"Sure papa.."

"Bye doll.. Take care.. Love you.."

"Love you too papa.." With this she hanged up the phone, her mind at peace now..

As she hanged up the call, she saw notification of 18 missed calls, all from Manik and a text message asking her to call him back.. She ignored it for the time being.. Her father had asked her to follow her heart and she was yet to find out what actually her heart wanted.. She couldn't come to a conclusion in haste..

She didn't want to mess up her mind for now and hence decided to talk to him tomorrow.. She dropped him a message telling him the same..She put her phone on silent and kept it aside.. She, then picked up her novel and started reading it to divert her mind..soon sleep took over her and she dozed off in the same half lying position..