Part 22

^^its not Marshall Lee but I just doodled him so there u go idk

I'm pretty sure this is the longest chapter I've ever written and I've had most of it written for a looong time. Like months. This is where I've been trying to get the story to since the beginning and I finally made it, so yipee!

I assessed my situation before I opened my eyes. I was in a bed. From the smell, I guessed that it was his bed. I inferred that he took me to his home after last night. My body was aching all over. Everything that had happened last night was a blur, but I remembered and understood enough. My shoes were off and I was still wrapped in Marshall's flannel.

I groggily opened my eyes and glanced around the room to see that Marshall wasn't there. I considered calling from him, but then I was suddenly hit with the realization.

He saw. He knows. How am I going to face him? How am I going to explain?

And then the even bigger picture questions arose in my mind and I began to panic. My mom won't let me live with her anymore, she made it clear. Oh glob. What am I gonna do now?

My head throbbed painfully and I closed my eyes with a grunt.

That's when Marshall burst into the room

"You're awake."

"Nice observation," I responded.

He suddenly left and I was confused until he came back with a tray of what looked like food. My stomach growled and I noticed my dry mouth at the sight of the soup and water.

He walked it over to me silently and I sat up so he could place it on lap.

But although I was starving, I didn't have an appetite. He was hovering over me and I kept my gaze downward, unable to meet his gaze.

I cleared my throat. I didn't know what to say, so I tried to keep it lighthearted. "Soup for breakfast?"

"It's past noon. And it's good hangover food." His voice was monotone and it seemed as if he he was holding back from saying what he wanted to.

"Oh...well thanks."

Awkwardness and tension was thick in the space between us. It remained that way for a minute. I was still unable to start eating, so I opted to sip the water.

I heard him take a deep breath, then say, "(Y/N), we need to talk about this. I need to make sure your okay."

My heart twisted at the tone of his voice. My throat seemed to close up and I couldn't respond. All the reality of everything weighed down my shoulders more and more every second. I felt my eyes begin to well with tears. "I just...can you just—leave? Just for a bit?"

"(Y/N), I need to know—"

"Please," I cut him off. "I know this is your room, but I just need 5 minutes to be alone right now."

He hesitated, then silently walked out, shutting the door behind him, saying that he would back soon.

I took  the time to let my tears out, to force down the soup, and to deal through my emotions.