Part 18

Bc I'll forever love this^

and if you saw it,,idk how part of this chapter attached itself to the last one...It was supposed to end when you saw Marshall kissing the girl but it awkwardly continued with an ugly draft of this chapter. So, I fixed it but I'm just v embarrassed about that so just pretend it never happened, k?

ALSO I FJCKING WROTE THIS CHAPTER TWICE AMD ACCIDENTALLY DELETED IT TWICE SO FORGIVE ME FOR TAKING FOREVER TO UPDATE but I had to rewrite this multiple times so yeah

I will not cry. I will not. I told myself. I had immediately stormed off after I saw Marshall kissing the girl. I wanted to be alone. I didn't want anyone to see how upset I was.

I found an empty bedroom relatively quickly and sat on the bed, hanging my head in my hands. My mind was feeling so many emotions at once.

At first I was pissed at Marshall. How could he? I opened up to him. I was vulnerable around him. I let him give me my first kiss. And then goes and plays with my feelings? He's a complete asshole. I suddenly wanted to relieve my anger, to throw a fit, to punch something, preferably Marshall's pretty face.

But before I could attack a pillow instead, I realized that I shouldn't even be jealous. It's not like we were dating, he had every right to be with someone else. Why was I so mad? I specifically told him that I just wanted to be his friend, so what did I expect?

But it still felt wrong. Maybe there's a reason he did what he did. Why would he go and kiss someone else right after he told me he liked me?

And then I realized that I was the biggest idiot in the world. He was lying.

That had to be it. He had lied about everything. Oh my glob. He probably acts like he's into every girl he meets. My heart felt like it was being crushed.

I actually thought that he liked me. That he thought I was special. How could I have believed him? Things like that just don't happen to people like me. I had been such a naive, childish, ignorant, idiot.

I groaned out loud. Then someone knocked on the door. Panic ran through my veins and I froze, staring at the door.

"It's me," a voice called out. I sighed in relief.

I sighed in relief. "Come in."

Gumball came in and closed the door behind him, immediately pulling me into his arms. "Oh I'm so sorry honey. I'm so, so sorry." He seemed sober all he sudden.

I broke away from his hug. "No, I'm fine. It's not a big deal."

By his look, I knew he didn't believe me. "(Y/N), I saw your face when you saw Marshall with that girl. I know you're not fine."

"I just...I really don't want to talk about it right now Gumball."

"Okay," he said and smiled at me. "How about we go and dance? You can let go, just forget about him." He said.

I thought for a moment. Then I was suddenly determined to do exactly as Gumball said: forget about him. Forget about everything.

"Sure." I chugged the rest of my beer and we made our way to the dancing area.

I was starting to feel the alcohol. My whole body felt like it was buzzing and the music sounded louder. And before I knew what was happening, I was actually dancing. Neither me nor Gumball were any good at it, but we didn't care. We were pretty much just holding hands and jumping around and laughing.

There was a tall girl in a black mini dress next to me. I recognized her from a few classes, "(Y/N)? Is that you? Oh my god, I didn't know you partied!" she yelled over the music.

"Yeah it's kinda my first time," I replied.

"Really? Come dance with me!" she said enthusiastically.

I didn't have complete control over myself in my drunken state, so the next thing I knew, me and the girl were practically grinding each other. Gumball smiled at me and wandered off.

I actually paid attention to the crowd now. All around us, people were going crazy dancing and it was very apparent that they were really drunk or high. I was thriving off the energy of others. It felt good for once to actually be apart of the crowd. To not feel like an outsider for once. Slowly but surely I was letting go, more and more, laughing louder, dancing harder. I could finally see why people enjoyed this.

I looked past the dance floor. There were couples everywhere against the wall making out. Some of the guys were shirtless and some of the girl were half naked.

And then my heart skipped a beat. Out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw Marshall watching me, his lean figure leaning against a wall.

But I snapped out of the daze as a hand was held out to me and the voice said, "Mind if I borrow you?"

Sorry I cliffhangered kinda

Pls read: I have so much written after this, but there's no good chapter cut offs for a huge chunk of the story after this little scene so I thought I'd at least give you this and then you'll get a really long chapter soon (probably Monday)

Pls vote for this chapter! And I love seeing reviews, they motivate me to keep going.