Part 13

In case you haven't seen this work of art^^

"U–um, sure. What do you have in mind?"

He chuckled and his eyes scanned my body. "Do you really want to know?"

I could feel my face turn red. "No, I don't."

And then I reached for my phone to check the time. And then I couldn't find it.

I stood up and looked around.

"What is it?" He asked with a confused expression.

"My phone. I can't find it."

"Didn't you leave it in my room?"

I rushed into his room and found it. It was dead. Crap. Then everything came rushing back to me. I was skipping school to hang out with Marshall. How could I have forgotten? I started to panic. My mom might have gotten a call from school already.

Marshall came into my room. "What's wrong?"

I probably looked crazy. I took a deep breath. "Charger. I need a phone charger."

He pointed to one plugged into the wall and I immediately connected it to my phone, sitting down next to it.

"Are you okay?" He sat down next to me

"Yeah, I'm fine. Well...I'm just realizing how stupid I am. This was a bad idea." I said.

He smirked, "It seemed like you had fun, (Y/N)."

I rolled my eyes.

"No...I'm serious. You can't deny that you weren't having fun. This wasn't a stupid idea."

"No, you don't understand." But I knew he was right.

And then my phone lit up. I registered everything at once.

It was past 1:00.

4 missed calls.

1 message.

7 texts.

"Oh my glob. She's gonna kill me." I muttered.

His eyes were filled with concerned.

"You good?"

"No. I am definitely not good,"

I stood up and listened to the voicemail.

"(Y/N) You didn't come home last night and just got a call from your school that you're not there," she snarled, slightly slurring her words, indicating that she was drunk. "I don't know what boy you're fucking or what drug your smoking, but I will not allow you to live in my house if you're going to be an ungrateful bitch. If you're not home soon, you're out."

I froze. This was bad, really bad. I was holding in tears. I checked my texts.

Gumball: Hey where are u?

Lol sleep in again?

Omg are you skipping??

You're missing the history quiz!!

My glob the new kid that likes you is gone too if you're with him I stg

(Y/N) seriously where are you? Are you okay?

Either your phone is dead or something is wrong. (Y/N) pls call me.

I felt awful for making him worry and texted him a quick "I'm okay". I'd call him as soon as I could.

"I'm sorry Marshall I have to go," I said, already rushing towards the door.

"Why? What's wrong?"

I looked at him over my shoulder. He looked genuinely concerned.

"Its just...my mom is worried about me. I never came home last night, it's normal that she's been freaking out. Not a big deal," I forced myself to smile.

His expression didn't change. He knew I was lying. Was I really that transparent?

I opened the door to leave, but I felt his hand grab my wrist before I could. I looked back at him and his eyes held concern and worry that I wished they hadn't.

"You can stay. I'll always be here," he said.

After a few seconds that felt like hours, he let go and turned around.

I wanted to stay. I could've stayed. But too much was at risk.

QOTC: do u like kpop? If so which groups?

I'm a karat, ARMY, and iGot7 mainly but I basically love all kpop.