Chapter 2

"Well...that means we're locker buddies!"

His voice was dripping with mock enthusiasm. He finally stepped away from my locker and went to lean on the one to the left of it. He didn't open it though.

I gave him a little tight mouthed grin in response and hurriedly got my books. I could feel him starting at me the entire time, but I ignored him and began to walk away.

And of course, he followed me. And then he had to open his goddamn mouth.

"So where'd you get the big bruise honey? Momma had to teach you a lesson or something?"

I stopped in my tracks. Shit. The makeup must not have covered it up much.

"Are you kidding? No, my friend just...hit me. Accidentally," I lied, thinking it was more believable that the classic "I fell" excuse, but it ended up sounding even more stupid.

Marshall was somehow extremely close to the truth, but it's not like I could tell this stranger about my mommy-issues.

Let's just say that she's an angry drunk.

"Pfft like someone could actually leave that kind of a mark on accident." He shot back.

I continued walking, wondering when he was gonna stop following me. "He did it with a golf club," I said, hoping that that would be more believable.

Thankfully, I think he bought it. Either that, or he decided to drop it for the time being. "Whatever you say princess." He said, running a slender hand through his hair.

After I turned a corner and he kept walking next to me, I asked "Are you following me?"

He gave out a short laugh "Don't flatter yourself hun, I'm just going to my next class."

Don't tell me..."Is it by chance bio with Mr.LSP?"

"How did you know? Did you stalk me to get my schedule or something?" He asked with wide eyes.

I frowned. "Don't flatter yourself hun. That's my next class too."