fifteen

All Mine
15 | Laurent is past

I wanted to tell Antoine all about Laurent yet I was scared, why. I just wanted to come clean and tell him everything but was there really a point to it? Was he going to like me any less? I'm overthinking it, I didn't want to not tell him about it as I felt it would come out sooner or later knowing how Laurent behaves. I decided that it was best not to say anything in this moment, I'll tell him when the time is right.

The month of October was upon us and the weather was slowly changing and the weather was switching from the warm currents to the usual cold currents. I loved autumn, it's one of my favourite seasons. Antoine had told me to meet up with him near campus so I made my way. I looked down at my hand briefly seeing the bandage wrap from when the glass broke around my hand. I sighed before continuing my walk to the café Antoine was waiting for me.

"Hey Amelia." Antoine said giving me a quick peck on the lips.

"Hey Anto, thanks for ordering for me." I said when he handed me a cup of coffee, he smiled as I brought the warm cup to my lips sipping it slowly, enjoying the liquid warming up my body.

"I wanted to talk." He spoke, I nodded rather quickly having a feeling of where this conversation was going.

"About?" I said blowing cold air on my coffee in attempt to make bearable to drink although it was pointless.

"What happened at the bar in France?" I choked slightly dreading this question, I knew it was coming but I didn't imagine to come this fast.

"Sorry, what?"

"Yes Amelia what happened at the bar when the glass smashed in your hand and you were talking with Laurent?" I thought he hadn't noticed I was talking to Laurent, I felt as if the time was nearing about me telling him.

"Antoine—" I passed thinking carefully of what to say "It involves my past and I don't really want to get into it." I simply said, I wasn't in a mindset to spill everything that happened.

"I respect that but Amelia, just tell me we're you cheating on me whilst at the hotel?" My eyes widen at his preposterous assumption, cheat? Has he gone out of his mind to even ask me such a question?

"Have you gone out of your mind? Why the hell would I cheat on you? Why would you assume such a thing?" I blurted as fast as I could wasting no time in hesitations.

"Because of the way Laurent was looking at you, his eyes were dark or whatever." He said, I could feel he wasn't in a good place with his sudden outburst.

"Antoine—" Before I could finish he interrupted me.

"You slept with him right?"

"In the past yes." I slowly said waiting to see what he would say, I felt awkward shifting slightly in my chair waiting for this to pass.

"So you've slept with him before but in the past? You two had a relationship?" He asked suddenly seemingly interested in my past relationship with Laurent.

"Yes but that's all over Antoine, but you have nothing to worry about. I barely talk to him, in fact I practically hate him seeing as we left things on bad terms."

"Alright I believe you." He said standing up giving me a hug also placing a few kisses in my hair, I melted into his arms as he hugged me tighter. More so his way of telling me he's okay with everything.

"You're the best Antoine, best boyfriend ever." I said laughing making his turn red, I giggled slightly as the fact he was blushing.

"Worst girlfriend ever is what you are." He said laughing, I playfully slapped him and we walked out the cafe hand in hand. It felt better this way, the awkward atmosphere had settled between us.

I ended up telling him the full story of the relationship to which he listened carefully almost as if making mental notes on what not to do. It felt as if a weight had been lifted off my shoulders having spilled everything to him, Antoine is my present and Laurent is my past.
I'd told him the full story about the relationship, I was hoping to put it all past me without having his name come up again. Antoine is my present and Laurent is my past.