seven

All Mine
07 | Have a great day

Antoine

I was sat in Sociology not having a clue what the teacher was rambling on about, Amelia was happened to be in this class but thankfully wasn't sat anywhere near me. My attention was focused on her the whole time, I didn't care for what my teacher was talking about. Every once in a while she would turn around and we'd make eye contact, it would feel as if we were the only two in the classroom until she'd turn back around again.

Last nights moment dawned on my brain reminding me of the sweet, tender kiss we had shared on her window sill. We had barely spoken for most of the day yet we both kept staring at each other as if we both just wanted to run up and talk to each other but that never happened. I wanted to talk to her—badly. I was embarrassed to even say hello to her, scared she'd walk away from me. Maybe I'm overthinking it, she wouldn't just walk away from me would she? She has in the past, I'm overthinking it and I need to stop.

The lesson had finally finished and before I knew it Amelia was already gone out of the class, I ran out trying to catch up with her and eventually I caught up with her. I stood her not saying a word as she just smiled at me, this is awkward. Why haven't I said anything yet? I wasn't actually expecting to catch up with her.

"Are you going to say anything or just stand there?" She spoke, breaking the silence.

"Uh right—I just wanted to say," I paused thinking about what to say next, "Have a great day, bye now!" I said walking away.

I put my head in my hand thinking what a stupid idiot I am. Why would I say something like that? What was I thinking? Amelia must've been thinking what an idiot I am, I felt like digging myself a hole in that moment. I can't face her again after that, she'll probably think I'm a wimp. The day flew past quickly and my embarrassment was only growing by the second, I needed to talk to her seriously about last night.

It was seven at night when I decided to get my act together and go talk to Amelia without wimping out and telling her to have, and I quote a 'great day'. I was ready to talk to her like a normal person, at least I hope I can. I'm nervous, I've never felt like this because of a girl. I made my way to her dorm room knocking on the door waiting for her to open it. She finally opened after a few seconds dressed in shorts and a tight tank top on, this is not good. In that moment I wanted her, needed her. I mentally shake the dirty thoughts out of my head, I can't be thinking like this.

"Hey Antoine." She spoke, she opened her door even more allowing me to walk in, she was leaning against her drawer as I did the same on the opposite side of the room.

"I wanted to talk about last night." I said getting straight to the point, it was almost as if she knew what I was going to say.

"Oh right that." She started as her cheeks got slightly red, "Why'd you kiss me?" She questioned, funny that I can't even answer that question.

"Honestly I don't know." I said looking down at my poorly tied shoes.

"So you just felt like kissing me?"

"Amelia I don't know—If I knew why I'd kissed you don't you think I'd tell you?" I spoke annoyed at my myself for not knowing why I kissed her. It should be simple,  I should know why I did that.

"Alright sorry."

"Don't apologise." I hated when she apologised for no reason, she had such a habit of doing that.

"Antoine why are you really here?" She asked taking herself of the drawer walking closer to me.

"I guess I just wanted to see you."

"I don't understand I thought you hated me." That word hate sent a chill down my spine making shift awkwardly in my position, I didn't hate her. I've known that for a while, even when I used to say that I never meant it.

"I don't hate you." She was shocked to here those words coming out of my mouth, I witnessed her jaw practically drop.

"But— I don't get you." she spoke shaking her head.

"I don't get myself either." I chuckled slightly, I had no clue what was going on in my head.

"Listen Amelia I kissed you because I wanted to but I don't hate you okay? Don't ever think that." I spoke taking her hand in mine.

"Alright if you say so." She spoke.

I left her dorm shortly after and slowly walked back to mine thinking about this whole situation. I simply can't decide if I have feelings for her not not, it's already taking over me and I don't know what to do with myself. Everything about her is amazing, she's perfection. I wondered in the back of my mind if I've always harboured these so called feelings for her, I felt like I had ever since high school. Especially after she started dating Laurent, I couldn't stand to look at her because something in me hurt. I'm going to make it my mission to get to know her better, spending more time together for me was already a bonus. I don't know how to explain what I feel when I'm around her, all I know is that I want to spend more time with her.