21// What if she doesn't love me back?

Start from the beginning

"I need to talk to you about why I took him away from you." Really she wants me to hate her even more for stealing my boyfriend.

"Sure go on." I wanna see what she has to say.

"I knew it would hurt you, I knew you would hate me but that was a risk I had to take to save you Summer. All he wanted from you was to be popular and he wanted sex. You always asked him to wait and you said you weren't ready but he was getting impatient and he- he was going to rape you Summer. I had to do something, so I had sex with him, to save you because I know you better than anyone and you like things done when you want and this is to important to a lot of girls, but to you it's treasure and I couldn't let him take your treasure. I know it broke you to find out your boyfriend and best friend had sex but I did it for you I'm sorry." She finishes a tear rolling down her face.

"Why didn't you tell me? Why did you keep dating him after I broke up with him?" I ask confused.

"I kept dating him because if I didn't he would have come back for you and then no one could stop him. I couldn't tell you cause then he would have found out. I broke up with him the second you found Darcy then Chase. You were you again, you were you without me." A tear rolls down my face. I was never truly me again.

"I need time Ariel but I promise I'll talk with you again, I just need time."

"I know Sum I know take all the time you need, I'm not going anywhere." She smiles.

I hug her goodbye and walk over to the place I never thought I would go again. I just had to much on my mind and I knew this was the only way to let it go. I rounded to corner and smelt the familiar smell.

I closed my eyes ready to do this and breathed in.

"Summer?" I heard. My eyes shot open at the sound of his voice.

"Zach?" I looked at him while he has a joint in his hand.

"What are you doing here?" He whispers.

"Forgetting." Is all I say hoping he'll know what I mean. I step closer to him slowly and take the joint out of his hand. He watches me closely and I raise to joint to my mouth and take a puff.

"What are you doing Summer?" He asks with wide eyes.

"Like I said Zach I'm forgetting." I Say releasing the smoke and taking drag after drag.

"This isn't you Summer."

"I don't even know who I am anymore Zach, I've lost everything and this seems to work for you so hopefully it can work for me too."

"You don't need this Summer, you have me."

"Bull shit Zach! You left me, you didn't come back, you said all this, drugs and girls, was over but I guess you just cant live without it!"

"I'm sorry there is just somethings I need to do so I don't feel!" He screams back at me. Thank goodness we are the only two here.

"What can't you feel? What aren't you letting yourself feel? Cause Zach I've felt it all and look at me, I'm still here!"

"I can't feel love, love is pain!" He roars.

"Love! Love is a pain everyone feels!"

"The last time I loved I caused pain, I caused death. Summer my love is the love no one should have."

"Please explain Zach cause I've been through love and heartbreak more than once and for you it seems like you don't know what it is!"

"The first and last girl I loved died! Summer she was murdered by my foster father! Do you know how that feels? Yeah people will say I was young and it probably wasn't love but I can tell you it was love! At 15 years old I witnessed my first love that was taken away from me to soon! And I don't want it to happen again!"

"Then don't love, don't love again! But don't use all this as your escape Zach! Cause it helps now but it won't later."

"How am I meant to not love again when I'm so in love, it's the strongest love I've felt, stronger than before and this time it would kill me to lose her."

"Well Zach love her with all your heart and protect her because now no one can hurt her not where you live now."

"That's not what I'm scarred of anymore."

"Then what are you scarred of!"

"That she doesn't love me back!"

"Well why the hell are you standing here? Go find her!" I scream, he'll lose her and I can't see him in pain.

"I've found her, and I don't deserve her." He whispers.

"Who cares be selfish! It hasn't stopped you before!" I'm pissed yeah but he is being stupid.

"What if theres to many complications?" He asks. I take another puff of the joint before turning around to leave crushing the joint under my foot.

"Work it out Zach theres nothing else I can do. If you want her you'll go get her, or you could let her go and watch her love someone who isn't you!" I scream in frustration and leave him to do what he does best.

"Fuck it." I heard his say to himself before-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah I know I'm the worst, cliffhanger. love y'all.