5.) Music Class

~~Timeskip 1 Year Later~~
Dan's POV-
Dan was walking down the hall with Phil to their next period class. They walked into the music room and sat down in their usual spot; in the back of the room.

"Ok class, settle down. Today we have a new student in class, his name is Chris Kendall." The teacher said, motioning to a short kid with his straight hair in a fringe. Chris was wearing the normal outfit most kids wore; a t-shirt and jeans, nothing special.

"I'm gonna go ahead and talk to him, see what all he's into and such." Dan told Phil, as he moved over on the bleachers they were sitting on and sat beside Chris so he could talk to him.

"Oh...okay." Phil said, nodding as he turned back towards another kid he had made friends with earlier on that year.

"Hey, Chris. I was wondering what all you liked, like your favorite bands and stuff?" Dan asked wanting to see if he would get along with Chris.

"Oh, well I like bands like MCR and Fall Out Boy." Chris replied, wanting to make some friends since this was his first day here.

"Oh my gosh, I do too!" Dan replied, trying to hide his inner fanboy, but failing horribly.

"Oh, that's awesome. Do you want to talk more at lunch?" Chris replied, hoping he wasn't going to get rejected.

"Yea, of course. I can introduce you to my friend, Phil too." Dan replied, eager to see what Phil would think about him.

"That sounds great. Well I'll see you later!" Chris replied, as Dan went back to his spot beside Phil.

"Well, how'd it go?" Phil asked, when he saw that Dan had sat back down beside him.

"I found out that he likes MCR and Fall Out Boy. I also told him that I could introduce him to you, and find more out about him at lunch." Dan replied, with eagerness still in his voice.

Before Phil could reply the teacher interrupted them and said, "Today, we will be starting a project, that you must complete with one other person. This project is for the two of you to write a song and play some kind of instrument; such as a piano or guitar. The song has to do with the relationship between you and your partner, whether it be that you're complete strangers, best friends, or even dating. Then you will have to perform this song in front of the class, and I will grade you on things like completion, rhythm, etc. You have one minute to choose your partners starting now." The teacher explained, looking around as the kids scrambled around the room trying to find their partners.

As soon as the teacher told them they could have partners, Dan and Phil turned towards each other and nodded at the same time (kinda like what the secret agents in movies do xD)

When the teacher stopped talking, the two started brainstorming ideas. They established almost right away that Dan would be playing piano, but it took a couple minutes to get Phil to agree to doing the singing parts.

They decided that their song would be about the "good times" back in year 6 when they didn't get into arguments (even if the arguments they did have were usually over something stupid; like the Malteser incident back in year 7). Dan said that he would do most of the writing, but he would have Phil over at his flat to help with it as well.

~~Timeskip~~

Phil's POV-
It was the day that the zinc that wrote was due. Phil had memorized the whole song by heart and was going through in in his head, as he waited for the teacher.

The teacher walked in and started talking right away, "Ok class. I hope you've taken your time wisely and worked hard on all of your songs, because today you will be performing them in front of the class. So I'll give you 5 minutes to make any last minute preparations." The teacher said, as she put a timer on her computer for 5 minutes.

Dan turned towards Phil and started talking, "Phil, are you ready? Do you think that we are going to do well?" Dan asked, hoping Phil wasn't going to start getting super nervous.

"Erm...I don't know. I'm not exactly the best singer in the world." Phil replied, his voice getting shaky.

"Thanks Dan that really helped." Phil replied, just before the timer went off and the room went almost completely silent.

"Ok, the time is up. The first group will be Emma and Luke." The teacher said, as she looked towards the group. Luke walked down the bleachers beside Emma with a guitar in-hand. Emma was obviously nervous because her hands were shaking slightly, and her face was a bit sweaty as well.

As the couple started singing, Emma had calmed down and sung all of her parts, with no big mistakes. Luke was strumming the guitar and was humming along with Emma. "They're pretty good." Dan whispered into Phil's ear.

"Yeah they are. But not as good as us." Phil replied with a small smile on his face. Phil had calmed down and felt that they would do really well.

The song ended and the next group was Chris and PJ. PJ decided to partner with Chris since he saw Dan talking to him and wanted someone else to talk to besides Dan and Phil.

PJ walked down the bleachers with Chris behind him. PJ had a guitar as well and Chris was empty handed. Chris and PJ sat on the two stools and PJ began the first chord of the song.

The song started out nice and peaceful, with Chris singing, but then they both jumped up and Chris ran to the piano as he started playing the Jaws theme and PJ started singing about how when they met it was almost like getting eaten by a shark. (I don't know if that is a good or bad thing xD) The song ended as they both played a few peaceful chords on both the guitar and piano.

The whole class was silent then they all broke into a fit of clapping and cheering for the two. Chris and PJ bowed and felt accomplished that the whole class loved the song, even the teacher was among the many claps and cheers.

Dan's POV-
Two more groups were called to the front and performed their songs. Then Dan and Phil were called to come to the front to perform their song.

Dan walked to the piano and sat on the bench, preparing his music sheet. Phil leaned up against the side of the piano and nodded to Dan to tell him to start playing the song.

As they began the song, Phil sung his (smol angel bean) heart out. Dan played every chord perfectly, and every once in a while he would him along when Phil wasn't paying attention to him. Dan would sometimes even sing along quietly during the parts Phil sung louder in. (Get it? Louder? Hanisnotonfire07 #spon I had to add that in there xD)

Dan had found the lyric sheet a few days earlier and memorized the whole song, although he wouldn't be singing it when they perform it.

The song calmed down and was nearing the ending. So, at the last verse Dan had decided he would make a surprise visit and sing with Phil. Phil had gotten ready to sing the last part, not seeing Dan stand up and stand beside him. Dan then put his arm around Phil and sung the ending. Phil realized what he was doing and put his arm around him as well and they sung in sync with each other.

The whole class loved the song, maybe even more than Chris and PJ's. The whole class stood up, clapping and cheering. The teacher walked up beside the two and patted them both on the back, also hinting for them to walk back to their seats. Once the class calmed down, the teacher announced for them to pack up their things for the next class, due to there only being two or three minutes until the bell rung.