Save Rock and Roll (Patrick's POV)

Well, last week Pete definitely impressed me even more. He showed me that he's really been taking this whole baby thing very well and learning things about it, which I couldn't be happier about. I was so afraid in the beginning because I thought Pete would walk out on me because I was a freak, but he didn't, even after our fight. He stayed by me through it all. The love I have with him is unbreakable.

"I'm getting kind of nervous," I told Pete over the phone.

"I know baby, but I'll be home in a couple of days. Trust me, I really want to be there with you, but you know my dad isn't doing well," Pete said.

"I know and I'm really sorry about that. Can you give him a hug for me?" I asked.

"Anything for you," he said, and I could tell he was smiling.

"Thanks," I said as I chuckled.

"And on the bright side, you always have Joe and Andy close by if something happens," he said.

"I know, but what if something does? Pete you can't miss the birth of your first child," I said. "I need you here with me to help me."

"I know and I desperately want to be there. I'll try and see if I can catch an earlier flight out, ok?" he asked.

"But I can't take you away from your dad," I said. "I mean you have to be there for him too."

"I know, but the hospital has him stabalized now, so he'll hopefully get better and I can always come back after the baby is born," he said. "And obviously take you guys with me. I couldn't just leave you all alone again to take care of a baby."

"Pete, you're the best," I said. "And I'm sorry I called you again today. I just really needed to hear your voice."

"You can call me as many times as you want," he said. "I'm always going to be here when you need me and I needed to hear your voice too."

"Pete, I love you," I said.

"I love you too," he said.

"Alright, I'll let you get back to your life now," I said.

"Alright," he said as he chuckled. "Bye."

"Bye," I said.

I hung up and put my phone back on the table by the couch. Pete had left a few days prior to this because his mom called and said that his dad wasn't doing too well. He wanted me to come with, but he knew I couldn't, sadly. I have talked to him everyday, whether it be me calling him or him calling me. I need to hear his voice and he said he needs to hear mine. Hell, even when we're hundreds of miles apart, our love is still unbreakable.

I got a phone call from Joe and Andy a few hours after that, checking up in me for about the tenth time today. I can understand that they're worried, but everytime I said I'd call if anything happened. They said they knew, but they just wanted to make sure. I had to laugh everytime they called. Look at what a mess I'm causing. Oh well, haha.

Well, anyhow, I went to bed around eleven, even though I probably should have gone up much earlier, and waited for Pete's arrival and then if anything would happen. Luckily, nothing did and I got a great nights sleep. Boy, have I been needing that lately.

I woke up around ten the next morning and stumbled into the bathroom. Once I was done, I slowly made my way downstairs and poured myself a glass of orange juice. Weirdly enough, I've been drinking that like crazy while I've been pregnant. I never like orange juice before and now, I can't get enough of it!

Once I was done with that, I put the glass in the sink and meandered my way to the couch. I slumped down on it and flipped the tv on. I flipped through channel after channel, but nothing whatsoever was on, you know, like always. I did eventually settle on a weird show on Animal Planet though. I think it was Too Cute or something like that. Don't judge me.

I think I wound up dozing off again, because the next thing I remember was being jolted awake by a sharp as hell pain in my back.

"Fuck!" I yelled as I grabbed my back.

I groaned as the pain subsided, but it still hurt. I relaxed on the couch again and started to breathe deeper, hoping that that would take some pain away because there's no way in hell I'm having this baby without Pete here.

I didn't have another shooting pain until about a half hour later. That one was even stronger than the first and it made me yelp a little. I finally faced the fact that I was going into labor. Without Pete.

"No, no, no," I whispered as I hunched over the counter; I could feel another one coming. "Ahh!"

I got as far as the counter, but then I couldn't move anymore. This was the most pain I'd ever experience and I could not move. I couldn't even move the few feet to grab my phone to call Joe and Andy. This was it. I'm going to fricken die here with this baby inside of me. I sure as hell can't have in naturally and I'm not cutting my own stomach open, so this is it.