Chapter 25~C

**Charlotte’s POV**

Days; a 24 hour period. Slowly they turn to weeks, which turn to months, which turn to years. All together a full year is 365 days, each 24 hours. Double that is how long I’ve been without my memory so far; two full years. Losing hope makes me feel like it’s never coming back, but how can I have hope when I don’t remember ever having hope?

College is making it better but I’m too afraid to leave New York. I’ve never been anywhere else, and how will that help my memory? I know that sounds desperate and like nothing else matters but gaining back my thoughts but it’s all I can think about. Even though I’m debating leaving college to try and focus on this, Ariella and Chris refuse to let me. They are just looking out for me.

Harry tries looking out for me too but it’s probably hard on him too when I can’t remember anything he has ever told me. Sometimes when we talk about it, he gets this look on his face, like it hurts him to think too hard on it. He’s not the only one.

Austin hurts and tries too. He sits with me for maybe a whole day sometimes just showing me videos, pictures, anything he can think of. But I’ve only had a few flashbacks that are vague and blurry. My Grandfather tells me stories from when I was little, or about my parents. Sometimes it’s too hard to listen though.

Occasionally I’ll just be at home, alone, and play piano. I sit there and let my fingers roam the glossy keys and breathe in the candle’s scent around me, filling my senses. Songs begin to form, whether they are original or already written, I wouldn’t know but it’s nice. Everyone was out today but I wanted to just stay home and play. Still in my shorts and t-shirt from sleep, I went down the stairs and found myself sitting at the piano that waited for me.

More hours of the day go by as I sit and play until I’ve lost track. My stomach rumbles but all I can focus on is the piano because if I don’t, I’ll think about memories. That is, until the phone rings. Jumping up, I jog into the kitchen so I don’t miss the call just to see my grandfather’s number on the caller I.D.

“Hi” I answer the phone.

“Charlotte could you do me a favor? I’m still running errands and didn’t know if we have anymore Advil. Could you check under the sinks around the house real quick for me?” his familiar voice asks. As I agree, I check underneath all the sinks. In my bathroom, the drawers under my sink are filled. I move bottles and various toiletries around to see something I never expected. Pulling out the bottle, I see…pills?

“Grandpa, does Austin or I have ADHD?” I ask inspecting the bottle, until I see my name printed on the side of it.

“No, why are you asking?”

“I just found something kind of weird that’s all. Um, no we don’t have Advil. Call me when you’re on the way home, I have to go check something. Love you, bye.” I respond quickly and hang up the phone, just to dial another one.

“Hi this is NY pharmacies, how can I help you?” a rough voice answered the call.

“Um, hi. I just found these pills in my bathroom I was looking for recently and I was wondering if you could tell me when I purchased it, if you have the history in your systems?” I lied.

“Sure can I get your name?”

“Charlotte Rose.”

“Hmm, yes you purchased prescription pills from us about a little more than two years ago a few times. The first time was about three years ago, then a few months later, then about two years from two weeks ago. Would you be interested in purchasing more over the phone miss?” he responded.

“No, um thank you. Bye.” I quietly responded, hanging up on the pharmacist. Two years? But I don’t have ADHD? I looked around the entire bottle to see next to my printed name a list of side effects; loss in appetite, sleep problems, mood swings. Why on earth would I have these?