Chapter 21~H

**Harry's POV**

It's been a few weeks and I couldn't be happier with Charlotte. She really treats me just like a normal lad, instead of Harry Styles from One Direction. I still hadn't told her that we technically aren't really boyfriend and girlfriend but I'm terrified. What if she thinks that super mental to make her believe that? I only did it to get closer to her and I'm most definitely not using her. The fact that we are "starting over" only helps me know her more. And who knows, maybe she won't ever remember and we can just start over together.

Even though I'm guilty as hell whenever she says something about how "she probably didn't mind the paparazzi before" or that she "wants to act like we did before her accident," I still think this is better for both of us.

Everyday I'm learning more and more about her and its great. Like how she loves to listen to music constantly. The second we get into my car she reaches for the stereo or when she is in someone else's car she asks for the stereo on. Also, I love that she can just sit in her room and read for hours on end with a romance book. She couldn't care less about the length, if it's romance she will read it anytime. My ultimate favorite though is how she doesn't try to dress up every time we are together. She will cuddle with me on a couch; watch a movie, in sweats and a t-shirt, and no make-up. I love how simples it is with her.

I catch myself staring right at her while she hums during our walk. We are walking to Louis’ flat from mine, holding hands, and just enjoying silence as she hums. Sure her voice isn't great when she sings, and she doesn't have a future in it but if she is humming, I'm smiling like an idiot.

"What?" she asked with wide eyes as I continue to stare.

"What what?" I chuckled back.

"You've been staring at me. Is there something wrong?"

"Nope." I replied look ahead as we walked on, nearing Louis'.

"Well quit it, you're making me feel self conscious." she giggled.

"Do that again." I practically begged. Hearing her laugh for the rest of my life would be completely fine by me. It's impossibly cute yet loud and funny at the same time.

"Do what again? Accuse you of staring at me?" she asked, clearly confused on my request.

"Laugh." I stated simply.

"Make a joke." she said, trying to hide her growing grin.

"Knock knock." I said, my grin grown half as big as it was before, knowing what she has starting.

"Who's there?"

"Harry."

"Harry who?"

"Harry up, it's cold out here!" I laughed pulling her along the sidewalk. She gave me a look that told me she wasn't amused and that I'm probably crazy.

"Okay okay I'll try again. Hmmm. Knock knock!"

"Who's there?" she sighed.

"Scold."

"Scold who?"

"Scold enough out here to go ice skating!" I fake shivered dramatically as I doubled over in laughter once again. Looking up at her I saw, once again, I'm not very funny apparently.

"Oh come on that one was great!" I complained.

"Good thing you can sing, because comedian is no backup plan for you." she giggled walking down the side walk again.

"Hey but you just laughed right now, so I got what I wanted." I stated proudly.

"Yeah because you're a dork who doesn’t know how to tell a good joke."

"Fine let me hear one from you then." We then spent the rest of the walk telling horrible jokes that only the joker laughed to. Her knock knock jokes ended up being just as bad as mine. Laughing as we went up to Louis' door, I got a great idea.

"KNOCK KNOCK!" I yelled at the house as Charlotte looked at me like I lost my mind.

"Who's there?" Louis sing-songed in return.

"Police."

"Police who?"

"Police let us in its chilly outside!" I whimpered, causing myself to laugh and Charlotte laughed at my own goofiness.

"Now that was your worst one yet!" she bursted out laughing again.

"Just for that horrible you're sitting out there!" Louis yelled at us.

"But Louis it wasn't me!" Charlotte complained pouting. The door then swiftly opened and before I could see what happened, my girlfriend was pulled into the flat, leaving me outside alone.

"Wha- Louis!" I yelled banging on the door.

"Yes?" he sang out trying to sound innocent.

"Louis." I replied in an annoyed tone as he opened the door with a look of fake shock.

"Harrreh! You made it! Come on in buddy!" he pretended that none of the previous conversation ever happened. I muttered curses under my breath as I walked past him. I immediately made my way to Charlotte’s side because I could already tell how she felt out of place with the boys she “didn’t remember” and the girlfriends she “didn’t remember” either. Guilt hit me hard as she was in an awkward state but I brushed it off as I wrapped my arms around her.

The boys already knew to pretend they knew Charlotte before hand and somehow they had managed to convince Eleanor, Danielle, and Perrie to roll along with it too. They had already scolded me on how I should be telling her the truth sooner but I knew what I was doing. Didn’t I?

“Charlotte, how have you been?” Perrie asked, starting up the conversation. Everyone began into their own conversation as I noticed Eleanor had been slightly avoiding Charlotte.

“I’ll go grab some snacks.” El said as she left the living room where we all were talking. I stopped talking with Liam, Charlotte, and Perrie as I made my way to the kitchen.

“Hey Harry.” Eleanor hesitantly spoke as she saw me come in.

“El, what’s going on? You haven’t spoken to Char once?” I asked her, getting straight to the point.

“I-I don’t know. Just haven’t gotten around to it yet.”

“El come on, spill it. It’s just me remember?” To be honest, Eleanor and I have grown very close together ever since she had started dating Louis. Louis is my best mate so naturally I had to make sure his girlfriend really loved him, which she did. She is great to be around and I trust her almost as much as I trust Lou. Plus, I know I can always go to her when I need advice for girls, and she always helps me out the best way.

“I don’t know about this Harry, I feel horrible making her think she has forgotten about us when she had never met us.” She whispered nervously.

“Trust me El, it’s for me. It is honestly best this way. I really think I’m helping both of us, plus her friends think so too.”

“Okay, but please tell her soon. I would hate to feel so out of it as she does when she really isn’t. And I’m getting anxiety from just thinking about it.” she groaned as I went over and rubbed her temples to help her.

“Come on, I bet Louis misses you.” I winked as I pulled her to the living room again with the snacks prepared.

“So Charlotte, tell me about how school has been.” Eleanor started sitting right up next to her and taking her hands. I smiled wide as I saw them being very friendly together, especially as Charlotte began to feel more welcomed with everyone being so accepting towards her.