Chapter 8 Not a Fairytale Ending & Epilogue

The next morning the Mistalian army was sent out on a search for Athena with Araya as their guide. The last couple of people to have her same power lived about fifty years ago. She guided them to Mortada forest and Athena was nowhere to be found. At first everyone became frustrated with her. They thought she was a phony. But soon they realized that she was only confused. Araya never imagined that Athena's location could be on another planet. Earth.

            Half the Army gave up. There was no way that they were setting foot on that savage of a planet. Even the leader gave up. The army was going to leave her to die.

            "Wait. They're bringing her back." Araya said. "She poofed. She's in my home now." Athena appeared laid out on my bedroom floor. No paleness, no destroyed clothing. She looked beautiful as ever in a long gown and jewels. Despite how she looked there were still tears in her eyes.

            We let her sleep until Araya and Alayis arrived. Then Alayis kneeled on her bedside.

            "Tell me what they've done to you." He said. Athena starred into his eyes.

            "Nothing bad." She said calmly with slight shock.  "He fed me, clothed me, he said he could give me the world."

            "Well what did they want from you."

            "They wanted me to join them. And he wanted me to be his bride. He has my power. Did you know that? He wants us to join forces and be powerful." Just as Athena said those words Alayis jump up and left the room.

            "Alayis!" Athena called. She hopped from the bed and chased him around my home. “You can't do anything stupid to them they're very powerful! Alayis please!" He poofed out of her sight. Athena wept. Her mother came by her side to comfort her.

            "He just went to blow off some steam Athena. He'll be fine." That night we all slept. So much had happened and we just had to sleep it off and gain some energy. Satan wouldn't let us have that. When Araya woke up from her sleep crying mother and I walked in.

            "I can't see him anymore!" "I can't see him!" Mother and I held her tight and tried to keep her calm.

            "Vado excuro in sol solis! Vado excuro in sol solis! Mother what does that mean. Only mother knows Latin in my family. She looked up to the heavens and yelled.

            "No god not this!" She yelled. I never saw my mother so terrified.

            "What?" I yelled. "Mother what is it?" I wish she'd never answered.

            "My Alayis is dead!"

            My beloved brother. Dead. I couldn't believe it. Patrick Ross's powers were not taken seriously by us Atlans. We thought to ourselves. How much damage can a spit wizard do? We were wrong. His inner anger determined him to become a very powerful wizard. Banishment to the sun? Who would've thought he had enough power to do that. Now there was no Alayis.

            When a loved one dies the people of Talanta have what we call an End Ceremony. People come together and reminisce about the person. The spirit of the person also attends and at the end, it crosses over to the heavens. But Alayis's spirit was lost. We waited for it to come to us for the ceremony but it never did.

            I blamed the world for his death. The people of Talanta let the dark forces linger freely in fear that they might destroy us. But the world didn't blame them. The world blamed Dainty. Our protector was not around to protector to protect Alayis. The put our lives in the hands of little fairies. It is law that if a fairy fails to protect a life she's assigned to then his/her punishment is death. They raided her tree house and woke her in her sleep. I went to her execution and watched wizards chanting.

                        "Finish her! Finish her!" They all said savagely. But I did nothing to stop it. I thought death was a horrible punishment for her, but deep down asked myself if she could've done anything to stop Alayis from getting killed. So I just let it be. I watched as they kept her tied to a twig and lit a candle underneath her. I watched as the crowd cheered as they watched her slowly burn. It must've been painful. As I watched her die, I remembered all the fun times we had together with me, Athena and Alayis. But now those days were gone. Right before Dainty took her last breath she looked at me. Her eyes asking me why. Why did I let her down? Why didn't I do anything to help? I couldn't bare feeling all that guilt and the second I turned away her spirit let out, and disappeared into the heavens.

                        After that my last two years in schooling. I was depressed and angry. Patrick and his army stayed in hiding. They were nowhere to be found. Athena also grew into depression she was assigned the creator career but lost her creativity. All her work came out sad looking. She barely made any profit.

            I started battling. I didn't like school work anymore I didn't care. I just wanted to take my anger out on other people. I went to magic matches to practice and started getting really good. When a wizard's boosts his/her magical strength they gain muscle. I got so good that I started getting paid for winning battles. Its boost my magical confidence but not my emotional stability.

            My depression got worse when I received news that my father's death. I lost a lot of contact with him after entering school three. I guess I just felt ashamed to have a father spending his lifetime on earth. Now he's gone. They say he caught an earthling sickness and they didn't send him any potions to cure it.

            After hearing that I just gave up on myself. At the end of schooling you have complete the task of teleporting to earth and back. I never showed up for it. At that point in my life, I could care less about whether I got the boot licker job or not. I just wanted to spend most of my time in bed and mopping around.

I had no desire to do anything. This brings me back out of my daydream. I took a deep breath in and waited for my turn at the parade. Araya held my hand tightly for support and closed her eyes. I stood still in the midst of the crowd.  Was I a good student? Yes I was perfect. Only towards the end I slipped up. But that shouldn't matter right? It was only two years of bad habits. I think I had a perfectly good reason for it.

            "Agatis Aagan!" Head Wilkas yelled. I felt my heart skip two beats. I braced myself. Then Head Wilkas opened his mouth again and said...

            "Warrior!"

Epilogue

So in the ending of the book, Agatis was assigned his first job as warrior. Here are some questions they you may have asked that will be answered in the next book...

What will be Agatis's reaction to his assigning?

How will his life as a warrior end up?

What will be Athena's fate?

How will Araya's character end up in the next book?

Will Agatis ever get over the death of his brother?

Thank you for taking the time to read this story and if you enjoyed it read the next book that will be posted.

Coming Soon...

The Chronicles of Agatis - The Soul of The Sun   Book 2