Chapter 2- A Day With A Dragon

Chapter 2

A Day with a Dragon

     So my first day of school was also the day Alayis got his powers and the day I met Athena. As time went on I got really close to Athena. Athena's mother also got close to my mother. Some days she would drop Athena at our home in the mornings if she had to work early. The three of us would eat breakfast and go to school together.

            "Mom can I try the spell today." Alayis asked one day.

            "Ok fine Alayis." My mother answered. So we went into the closet and closed the door. I yelled bye to my mother and Alayis dropped the powder. The three of us appeared on pink sand. "The beach?" Athena said. "Why are we at the beach?" I look over to her and see that she's soaking wet.

            "Alayis you did it wrong!" I yelled. "I forgot to say school one." Alayis whispered to himself with such shame. "Yea nice going." I snarled.  Alayis pushed me to the ground and pointed his wand at me. Athena pulled his arm.

            "Alayis stop it! “Next time I hear your mouth ill turn you into an earth

Creature." Alayis said. He put his wand back into his pocket. I got up. He never got so mad at me before. I guess he got embarrassed because I blamed him.

            "I learned about this beach in school the other day." Athena

Said "Pink sands and purple waters. This is Deadly Waters Beach. "Oh yea this is where the black dragons live." Alayis added. Deadly Waters? Black dragons? I had no idea what they were talking about at the time. All I wanted was to get out. We walked away from the beach. Into the forest. That's where things got scary. The skies were not visible to us because of the black and orange leaves that grew from the trees. It was hard to walk because the trees were so close together. Our fear got worse because baby black dragons flew tree to tree viciously chirping at us. Somewhere bigger dragons were to come. Even though this area was dangerous, the look of all the flowers and trees provided a sense of comfort and hope that it would be easier to get out. Alayis came to a halt.

            "I can hear the dragons."

            "Maybe it's something different?" I asked not wanting to know the real truth. Then Athena began to cry.

            "We are going to die." She continued her cries and Alayis went comfort her.

            "Be braver Athena, soon this will be over." I rolled my eyes. I loved my brother but I just couldn't understand why he had to be so nice to everyone. Athena is older than me and she was acting like a bigger baby.

            "Come on let's continue." I said. "Alayis. Do you know any helpful spells?"

            "Yes but I'm not strong enough to help all three of us."

            "This area is too far from home and it will take until the end of school for people to know we're missing." Athena said making me even more panicked. Though despite all of that Alayis stayed calm.

            He stopped again.

            "The noise is getting closer. We all turned around to try and find where it was coming from. Then we saw it. The tormented black dragon appeared to us angry that we trespassed through his territory. We all ran as fast as we could. Athena was too far behind and got snatched. I yelled for Alayis to stop. There were no words to describe Athena's fear and yelling. The dragon dangled her as if she was a useless toy.

            "Alayis do something." I yelled expecting the eldest to be the hero. Alayis thought for about three seconds before he acted. His feet stood firm on the ground and he tightened his fist. I took a step back and watched as he closed his eyes focusing only on his power. The plants all of a sudden began to grow and the tree branches expanded poking the dragon in his eyes and strangling it. Then the dragon let go of Athena from his hundred-fifty foot long tail. I tried to run as fast as I could to catch her. But her body just disappeared in the trees.

            "Where did she go?" I asked in complete panic. Alayis was too knocked out from all the energy he used to respond he was on the ground trying so hard to catch his breath. I searched for Athena. I was pretty sure she'd fallen hard. At that moment I thought to myself there was no way I could let anything tragic happen to my best friend.

            Then I saw her. She floated in the air towards us about six feet from the ground. Her face looked shocked and confused. She finally got in front of me and landed gently on her two feet.

            "What was that?" She asked eager and thankful.

            "That would be me." A small voice said. Then a fairy appeared surrounded by light and natural glitters. She was so beautiful to look at as her little wings flew to us. Her hair was long blond with a pinkish tint and her gown stopped just above her knees. I found this very surprising because at school, I was told that fairies were supposed to have long gowns for them to be taken seriously and their hair must be tied up. I saw no formality in this fairy. Most fairies and pixies live in the land of Pixie. Since the City of Mistal is the capitol of the Talantian world, some of them come to work with witches and wizards. "My name is Dainty." She said in her sweet fairy voice. "I was trapped in that foul beast for two days." She pointed her wand at the tied up dragon.

            "One of you saved me." She continued. "And I am very grateful."

            "My brother Alayis. “I said. I pointed to the ground and saw Alayis was still worn out and unaware of what was going on. Dainty floated over to him and gave him a fairy kiss on his nose. Alayis then received enough energy to stand and see the fairy. "May you be blessed by the most high." She said "You saved my life and I am now your protector." If you save a fairy's life it is law that it must guard yours forever.

            "Thank you." Alayis said.

            "Is there anything else that I can do for you?" Dainty asked.

            "Will you send us home please?" Athena begged.

            "Say no more." said Dainty as she flicked her wand.