Chapter 4 Her Unexpected Betrayal

The next day I couldn't even look at Athena. I didn't want to talk about what happened that day. I felt so ashamed. Maybe Athena didn't want me to do that to her. What if I took advantage and that's why she stormed off. I was in a new school and taking new types of classes but couldn't even focus because of my thoughts.

            So I decided to talk to ask Alayis for advice. I knew that sometimes during lunch, he spent time in the casters room battling fake dummy s for practice. He just loved using his wand. When I got there, I didn't hear the sound of things being broken nor did I see any flashing lights. But I heard yelling. The door was creaked open so I crept close to see what was going on. There I saw Alayis yelling at Athena and shaking her.

            "You don't treat my brother like a toy!" Alayis yelled.

            "Alayis I didn't mean it I swear I just wanted to test myself. I wanted to see what I was capable of."

            "But why must it be with Agatis. Athena your my best friend but I don't care who you are when you mess with my family. Do you comprehend?"

            "I comprehend." Athena answered in a soft shut down tone. She ran towards the door, opened it and saw me. Tears started to form and she left.  I walked inside the room to see Alayis sitting with his head down.

            "What was the meaning of that?" I asked him.

            "Athena's gift is taking control of her." He answered.

            "In what way?"

            "It's developing. She's starting to be able to control people. She compelled you yesterday." I was shocked. I never thought that Athena would ever do something like that to me. She knows of the love I have for her.

            "Continue." I said.

            "You can't tell anyone. Or else the dark wizards would be after her. If she refuses to join them they'll kill her. "

            "You didn't have to be harsh with her. I'm willing to forgive." I said. I ran out to see if I could catch up to her. I found her on the second floor about to run into the bathroom. I grabbed her arm and she turned to me with her eyes completely red.

            "I had no idea what you were going through. You could've come to me for advice." I said.

            "I'm sorry Agatis. I was foolish and confused, but you have to get used to the fact that we are not in level one anymore and I can't be your perfect role model." She started to walk away then turned around to look at me.

            "Let's keep being friends though." She said. "I miss you, me and Alayis hanging out. I stared at her neutrally and watched her disappear from the hallways.