Ice Cream

》Licht and Ophelia《
Human AU
Requested by servamped

"Liiicht!"

Upon hearing his name being called, Licht quickly turned around to the one who had called out, a vicious glare leveled at the other man.

"Shut up, idiot!"

"But Licht, there was this super cool roller coaster and-"

He couldn't finish his sentence as he skillfully evaded one of Licht's attempts to kick him.

"We're going to get ice cream, you shit rat."

Hyde let out a dramatic sigh at that.

"You and your love for sweet things will get you a doctor's appointment soon enough."

Licht scoffed and turned back around to continue his way to the ice cream stand.

"I won't get sick. I'm an angel."

"If you say so."

Licht didn't really pay attention to Hyde after that. He was walking next to him, going on about things that he didn't really care about.
He only cared about one thing at the moment: ice cream.

Ice cream was one of the delicious  things that heaven had bestowed on earth for humans to enjoy and Licht loved it.

They were currently at an amusement park that Hyde had dragged him to and Licht had only agreed to come along if they got ice cream first. They could go on the roller coaster or any other attraction after they were finished eating.

When they finally arrived at the ice cream wagon, Hyde stopped talking in favour of letting out a loud groan.

"Licht, do you see how long we would have to wait in order to get ice cream? Why don't we come back later?"

"No. We will get it first."

Ignoring the whined protests from the other Licht made his way over to the end of the line.

"Licht, please, let's just come back later. It will take hours until you can get your ice cream so why not just use the time for something else?"

"If we do something else now I'd still have to go back to the end of the line and wait until it's my turn when we get back, you stupid idiot. You can go do something else while I get the ice cream. Well just meet in a few hours."

"But it's no fun alone!"

"Then you can wait here for the next hours."

If Hyde agreed it would be even better for him. Licht didn't want to come here in the first place so he could just go somewhere quiet with his ice cream and wait until Hyde was ready to go back.

"Okay, fine, I hope you're still standing here tomorrow morning!"

Licht noticed that the other was a bit upset as he watched his retreating back, but he was sure that he would forget everything the second he got onto the roller coaster so he didn't really have to worry about it at all.
And now he would finally be able to get his ice cream and spend the rest of the day in peace.

As Hyde had predicted it did take some time until it was Licht's turn, but it wasn't nearly as much as the hours he said it would. It had only been about 45 minutes and even if it would have taken longer, the sweet and cold  dessert that he was now holding in his hands was definitely worth it.
Licht took his spoon filled with the delicious ice cream to his mouth and had to hold back a sigh as it touched his tongue.
Ice cream was just so perfect. Nothing would ever be able to beat it. Except maybe crepes.
They were both in first place.