-dusty

SHMONEY

Sari told Tasha everything the next day. They were on another lunch break together and Zayn would have joined if he wasn't so oddly fascinated with Niall's soccer jersey collection.

Whatever.

Anyway, Sari had been feeling like shit these past moments since the dinner with his parents. She sort of felt bad for going off on his mother but she also didn't care for her feelings. Trisha could stand to lose a few also, the way she was talking about how Sari should look.

And she knew Zayn was upset with the way she talked about herself but it was true. It was all true. Sari was overweight and she also had a job that was very hypocritical of her. It was like being a dentist with no teeth in your mouth.

And who was making her feel even worse?

Tasha.

She was a great friend, honestly...truly.

But she had this thing where she wasn't that sensitive to people's feelings and she blurted out whatever she was thinking. It was a gift and a curse.

And sometimes, she was downright dumb as fuck.

"Well, I see why you're so upset, Sar," she drank from her Snapple bottle and set it back down, "but you have gained weight."

"Thank you..." She smiled sarcastically, "no, really. Thanks for that, T. I love your support--"

"Sari..."

"No, it's great, it's great..." she trailed off and stared down at her food. She definitely wasn't hungry, and it was even worse because she actually hadn't eaten since before she met Zayn's parents. She just didn't want to. "Thank you."

"You know I didn't mean it like that," Tasha rolled her eyes and looked at her somber friend, "I just meant--"

Sari huffed out a small laugh and made a face, "I don't get it, man. I'm over here beating the shit out of myself for something I literally can't control for the most part, and here you go...making it worse."

Tasha just crossed her arms. "I'm trying--"

"To be supportive? The fuck you ain't, Latasha. You're in no way supportive right now, all you're doing is bringing me down again!" She got up and grabbed her jacket, "so thanks for that, ya know? 'Preciate it."

"Oh my God," she heard Tasha mutter under her breath before she walked out of the diner. Sari zipped up her coat and walked down the street.

SHMONEY

"I've been trying to call you for the past two hours."

She was not here for this.

Sari lied in her bed beside Oliver, who was lying on his back as Zayn scratched his belly. He came from work an hour early just to check on his girlfriend, who was still down in the dumps not only from his own mother, but her best friend also.

"My phone's not near me," was all she mumbled before sniffling and bringing the covers up to her nose. She just washed them so they smelled delightful.

And yeah, she may have been crying. Because being bigger than your friends or not small enough for your boyfriend's mom can really throw a person through a loop. She wasn't fit for anything, she wasn't even fit.

"Where is it?" Zayn spoke up.

"I don't know."

"Well, now I know something's wrong because you always know where your phone is," he just chuckled and she didn't even crack a smile, "Bear, come on. Is this about my mom?"

Partly. "No."

"What happened when you talked to Tasha?"

Boy, let me tell you.. "Nothing."

"Um...okay--"

"I just think it's funny how," she lied on her back now, tears streaming down her face, "I'm not good enough, even for my best friend."

"Wait, wait, wait," she closed her eyes and felt Oliver hop off the bed, "what are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about being so big it bothers people," she spat, "okay? I said it."

"It doesn't bother me."

"You're supposed to say that, Zayn?" she sat up on her elbows and glared at him. "It's a boyfriend thing. 'You look great babe' 'You're fine just the way you are'," she rolled her eyes and plastered a smile on her face, "it's all stupid."

Zayn just sighed, scooting closer to her and staring at her face. It was quiet before he just smiled and shrugged. "You're right."

"I am?"

"Yep. From now on, I'll tell you about yourself all the time. I'll tell the truth, from one person to another."

"Okay--"

"You look like utter shit," he started, surprising her, "you could use some makeup. The bags under your eyes are designer and would it kill you to cut those split ends, honey? You look like you haven't eaten in days but you'll definitely survive. You have rolls for your rolls and ya look dusty. You ain't even cute, your--"

"Hair's uneven," she finally laughed, covering her mouth and looking away from him, "quit it!"

Zayn just smiled, lying his head on her stomach and staring at the side of her face. "You know I love every part of you, Sari? I'm not kidding."

"You do?"

"Yes, dummy," he crawled closer and held her head in his hands, "especially the rolls. I love them so much."

"Thank you," she giggled when he kissed all over her face, trying to push him away but failing because he was pretty strong and she sorta wanted it to keep going.

"So stop crying, and don't listen to Tasha or my mom. If you want me to help you shed some I can but don't do it because people are telling you something different. You shouldn't be anything you don't wanna be."

"Thank you," she muttered again, wanting an actual kiss from him but not wanting to do anything about it because he was...

He was perfect.

Zayn was such a touchy-feely guy, and when they rolled over so he could at least get a good grip of her ass, she moaned lightly because his hands were so big and his fingers were so long and...ugh.

Goodness gracious.

Sari actually kissed him seconds later, her lips attaching to his and their tongues colliding for an even more sensational feeling than the last. He bit down on her lip and she just grinned, doing the same and running her small fingers up and down his beard.

"I love you, Zayn."

"I love you, Sari."

And then they just laughed, falling into each other and giggling like immature high schoolers, because they most definitely said it at the same time.

SHMONEY

thanks for all the love you guys xx

and I finally got an update schedule (that some people have privately requested of me) for all of my books!!!! look below 😊

whenever the FUCK I want🖕🏽

got me fucked up