Chapter 8- Those Eyes

"Nothing?" he asks, pulling into the driveway.

"Nothing." I sigh. This is the third time that we have left the house to see if anything can help jog my memory. But there's still no sign.

To me, this is getting really pathetic and if I'm getting impatient, then I know that Kyle is too. We went to the park, back to the coffee shop, even to a couple bars. For all I know, I could be a drunk. Everything isn't working though and I'm starting to give up hope.

"Kyle, I know-"

"Don't you start with that. We are not giving up." He says, after we walk in the house. He takes my jacket off, then his and hangs them up in the closet. Kyle covers my right hand in his and looks up at me. "I'm not giving up, and you shouldn't either. Giving up, means you lose no matter what. If we keep looking, there's a chance." He brushes a strand of hair away from my face and pushes it behind my ear. We stay like that, but only for a second. I pull away and take my shoes off.

"I don't want to give up forever. I just need a break. This is all too much stress." I walk away from him and slump on the sofa in the living room.

"I need a vacation." Kyle laughs. I look at him with my eyebrow arched.

"You sound like my dad."

"How is he?" I ask, trying to make small talk and get our minds off of me for once.

"He's good. Anyway-"

"Kyle, save it. I've had enough of this. I'm exhausted, I'm stressed and I'm taking a break. No if's, and's or but's. Now if you'll excuse me," I say as I stand up from the couch and make my way to the stairs. "I am going to take a hot bath with lots of girly music playing. And lots, lots, lots of bubbles.That's as close to a vacation as I can get." I said the last sentence as quiet as possible, only enough for me to hear.

After I reach my room, I shut my door and walk into the bathroom. I turn on some Ed Sheeran and jump in my steamy heaven and I close my eyes as I drift off into sleep. Sometimes, I can get glimpses of things when I'm in my own little world. After all, that's how I remembered the nail polish and...

My dad.

Even though I don't remember anything about him, this one memory still showed me who my father is, or was. He treated his only daughter like dirt, and why? I mean, I know he yelled because of the stupid nail polish, but it seemed almost normal. Like it was just his usual rant. Maybe his work just made him that way? I'm starting to wonder if my mind just made it all up. Wouldn't my father be looking for me if his daughter had been missing for two months? Wouldn't my whole family be doing that?

Suddenly, there was a ton of noise in my room. And it just stopped.

"Kyle? Is that you?" Nothing but more noise. I look around me, and pick up the plunger after I get out of the bath tub. I wrap myself in a towel and open the door to look around, but there was nothing in the hallway.

"Kyle?"

"Yeah? I'm making supper. About twenty minutes." I hear downstairs. I leave the bathroom door open and down the hall into my room. I walk away from the door, but stop dead in my tracks. I know I shut my door earlier. With the plunger still in hand, I walk back to the bathroom when I see the door shut. What is going on? I know I didn't shut the door.

"What are you doing here?" and next thing I know, I'm being grabbed from behind, feeling a major deja vu wave. I yell for Kyle and hit the attacker with the back of my head and he falls on my bed, taking me with him. I kick and scream as loud as I could, with images flowing through my head: an abandoned house, snow everywhere.

"I'm not going to hurt you. Just hear me out, okay?" He said, pushing me away from him. I fell off of the bed, hitting my head and having the taste of blood in my mouth now. A police officer. A gun.

"Shit. Are you okay? Look, you need to leave before they find you here."

"Kyle!" I scream over and over. The man walks away from me, but comes back with a towel. He tries to put his hands on me, but I push him away. He grabs my hands and puts the towel in them and puts my hands on my lip.

"You need to stop the bleeding. It'll scar less." he says. Why does he care about my scarring if he just attacked me?

"Alec! What are you doing here?" Kyle says, rushing to my aid.

"I just-"

"You need to leave. Now. Before I call the police." The look in Kyle's eyes truly scared me.

"Call them. I'm sure they'd like to hear a few words from you too." the man said, clearly getting Kyle's attention. His eyes were wide and he looked shocked.

"Blair, go put some clothes on." Kyle helped me up and made sure I made it to the bathroom safely. He shut the bathroom door completely, but I cracked it after he finally walked away.

"What are you doing?" Kyle said, very harshly.

"Well hey baby brother. Nice to see you too."

"What. Do. You. Want."

"Look, I don't know why you're mad at me, or any of us. If anything, we should be mad at you for-" Kyle cut the boy off, not letting him speak.

"Don't even say his name."

Silence filled the air. The boys were just staring at each other, like they were ready to bite each other's heads off. But, why?

"You need to stay away from her. She's bad news."

"She didn't ask for any of this. You-"

"Do you even know what happened to her?" The man asked, and Kyle flinched.

"No, but I'm starting to have an idea."

"Kyle-"

"You touch her again, and I'll kill you. You hear me? You need to leave and once he feels better, you all need to leave this place. Don't make me tell Dad."

The boys again, stared each other down. I finally decided to come out, since it had been plenty of time for me to get dressed. Once I walked out, the man started to walk away when he stopped in the middle of the doorway. He seemed to be thinking very hard about something.

"Why are you packing your bags, Kyle?"

"None of your business."

"She doesn't need to go to the cottage. She'll"

"I said leave!"

"No. Kyle, you don't-"

"Leave. Now." Kyle picks up the phone and starts dialing 911. The man looks at me, and faintly smiles. But you could see the pain behind those eyes and it made my heart drop. What was going on here? Who was this guy and why did Kyle hate him so much? But, the one thing that struck out even more to me was the way he looked at me.

With the same eyes as Kyle's.