Day 3

Dear Journal,

The pre-program orientation is getting me more and more cheesed off with it. I mean come on! I came here in America for 'fun' vacation NOT to sit on tedious meetings investigating cultural and political issues that I never had interest in. Ok, Yes, I know that is what GYLC is all about and that I signed up for this but this much pressure?

I have breakfast with fruit-flavored flakes and milk then dash to the LGMs; then again after nibbling down a little chicken during lunch, I run back to it. WOW!

Luckily during a short break, somewhere in between, I log into my facebook account and find my boyfriend online. It feels like we chat after ages but never mind! I say good bye even if I didn't want to because...............well, meetings.

In the evening, just before I am about to enter the concourse room where we would be told useful information on getting into colleges and universities, I see my friend, Salma, who had to return from the airport in Jeddah the day we set off due to some unexpected complications. She had probably bought another ticket and arrived today. I am thrilled to see a good friend and better! My parents sent some favorite eatables (local food in KSA) through her that is a great comfort after three days been here! I am already getting homesick.

I must go take a nap now; early wakeup call tomorrow and excited about visiting Georgetown.

Good Night.

Love Always

Huda