Day 4

Dear Journal,

For the first time now, we are going out of the hotel and it is quite stirring. Songs and vistas from the window join in the engaging bus ride and there we are: The George town –an amazingly beautiful place. We are given a tour around the Georgetown University and then we unleash for shopping. The first thing I do is look for souvenirs and little things for all the people I love. Hardest part is finding something for my boyfriend. What do these men like? I have never had a brother, I don't know. I should probably come clean and say: this is my first relationship and I'm dumb at boys too.

Everything goes well but I have an awful habit of screwing the day up. Owing to the heels I wear for the throbbing sensation making me feel like I broke my feet, I have to take those off at length when I can't endure it any longer. I throw them away lending socks from Salma and walk on the road steamed with heat, unprotected.

On returning to Pentagon, I balm my sore feet at once while registration takes place for the core program. Three hundred and fifty other people join today and the welcome speech goes like 'bla bla'. All groups change and I am now to represent Turkey; my new faculty advisor, "Ms. Joyce" is really affable and I have better group mates this time. Also, I am handed my badge that reads "GYLC-"Huda Huda"-Jeddah, Saudi Arabia". Thank You, Luck. You are such a sweet asshole.

I have enough free time today to video-call my parents; show them my room all around 20 times in and out. My mom and sister giggles on seeing the inside of my wardrobe because I haven't hung anything there except my coat and suit which means I must be using clothes directly from the luggage. In my defense, I hardly had time until now. Plus see, that's the kind of thing lazy people like me do all the time.

I also had some time to chat with my boyfriend. Looking back, a satisfactory day it was. Yes.

Got to sleep now for a busy tomorrow awaits.

Love Always

Huda