chapter 20 {This Is Home}

Start from the beginning

"You're evil, Mani."

"It's almost midnight. Can you blame me?"

"I'll cuddle you, Mila," Ally opened her arms on the other couch, beckoning the second smallest of the group into her embrace.

"Yay!" Camila shot Normani a dirty look before hurrying to Ally.

"You're a piece of work, Cabello."

"Isn't she wonderful?" Lauren laughed, smiling proudly at her girlfriend.

"I don't know what you see in her," Normani playfully replied, returning to her phone.

From there everyone had begun to do their own thing, silence ensuing much like it does after every performance. This was their time to unwind and take a breather.

After Dinah showered, Normani went off to get ready, followed by Ally. When the shorter woman returned Lauren carefully placed a pillow under Reagan's head and moved to grab her stuff as well as Camila's who was now falling asleep.

"Come on, Camzi. Let's get ready," The brunette said kindly to her girlfriend, walking her over to the bathroom down the hall where she promptly locked the door and undressed herself and the brown-eyed beauty before her.

"Can't I just shower tomorrow?" Camila groaned as she was led under the stream of warm water.

"You could, but then I wouldn't cuddle you tonight," Lauren explained, following in after the girl and wrapping her arms around her. They held each other for a beat, neither bantering nor speaking at all. It was nice to get these little moments of complete vulnerability, with nothing but their bodies pressed against each other and the water falling over them in a rhythmic rain.

"You looked really hot on stage tonight," Camila mumbled, breaking the silence as she shifted and placed her face close to the crook of Lauren's neck.

"Please, everyone's eyes were on you," Lauren said, her hands drawing gentle designs on the small of the girl's back.

"I wouldn't know because I was too busy watching you."

"Now who's cheesy when they're tired?" Lauren laughed, pulling back to plant a kiss on Camila's lips before she reached for the shampoo bottle.

"I'm not cheesy," Camila began to argue as gentle fingers ran through her hair. "I'm smooth," The Latina finished, earning another laugh.

"I don't doubt that," Lauren said, probably boosting Camila's ego far too much but not really minding because the smile on her face was gift enough.

"You're really good at that," The shorter woman mumbled as Lauren continued to work on her hair. "Magic fingers."

"You also seem to be dirty without realizing it when you're tired," Lauren said as she cocked an eyebrow.

"No, I know what I said," Camila hummed, allowing her head to get rinsed before she was handed the shampoo. A silent request for her to return the favour. Camila gladly covered her hand in the blue substance before turning Lauren around and getting to work on her hair.

Showering together gave them ten minutes, which was plenty of time to work on one another's hair followed by body wash and then the holding of one another as they spoke about anything and everything in the last five minutes.

"Hey Lo?"

"Hmm?" Lauren hummed as she nuzzled her face into Camila's neck.

"I'm going to miss you when we go back home."

"Why?" Lauren asked, pulling back to look into the chocolate eyes. "We'll see each other every day.

"I'm going to miss holding you and Reagan at night, and waking up to you singing to Reagan in the shower because she doesn't want to be awake."