Chapter 24

Zack wore an evil smile as he sat up straight, one arm propped up behind his head which made his muscles bulge in turn. He looked so damn hot glancing over to his left to look at me.

Why am I so nervous?

Because it's Zack asking the question while looking at you like that. A voice answered in my head.

I like this boy. I've known him for almost a month, a month is not enough time for me like someone. Right?

"Let me go easy on you, princess." He smirked at me from his side of the bed. He made me want to be brave all of a sudden. I didn't want him to see me as the good, innocent girl. I wanted him to see me as someone who was not afraid.

"No. Ask your extreme questions, Zack. I am not afraid to answer" I crossed my own arms over chest to show my confidence. Zack's eyes traveled from mine down to my breast because crossing my arms made them stand out even more. I instinctively uncrossed my arms and raised my eyebrow at him.

"What is your relationship with Alex? He is obviously older than you and I'm sure that you haven't met him through the same crowds of people. So tell me about your relationship status with him?" he seemed satisfied with his question. Was it bothering him how I knew Alex? He was literally a friend but Zack wanted to know more.

"Alex, Alexander, has a twin sister, Alexis. You know I never understood why parents would name twins like that. The children should have their own identity and not names that are basically the same. I mean I get..." I was rambling, obviously.

"C'mon Princess, keep that mind on track for both of our sanity." He smirked in my direction.

"Well... I was walking around one day and the coffee shop Alexis works at has a back alleyway. It was late and dark out, Alexis was pregnant and literally on her last but she couldn't afford to take maternity leave. So in the back alley, she started having contractions and I heard. I helped her and rushed her to a private medical clinic.

They helped her and she was about to give her son up for adoption when I offered to him her. Brandon, her son, is my god son. And I met Alex through Alexis because they live together. Their parents died and they deserve so much better than what they have. I would help anyone who truly deserves it and makes an effort to help themselves as well" I shrugged the last part.

"I've noticed that you like helping people." He smiled down at me and bumped my shoulder.

"My turn" I jumped all excited. He chuckled and waited to hear my question. This has got to be a good one. Think Sam, think.

"Who is your favourite avenger?" I smiled. Don't judge. I was under pressure.

"Are you serious right now?" he laughed at my stupid question. "I'm a straight guy, princess. Who do you think is my favourite avenger?" he cocked his eyebrow at me. Argh. Obviously it's Scarlett Johansson.

"Fine..." I tapped my chin while thinking. "Uhm. How many girls have you slept with?" I don't know why I asked this question but I immediately regretted. I looked up at Zack and he seemed... uncomfortable?

He scratched the back of his head nervously.

Why was he nervous? I should be nervous. I'm already preparing myself for the worse.

"Honestly?" he asked. He seemed unsure of himself.

"Yes. Remember the rules. Honesty is one of them" I tried acting brave for his sake but inside I was shitting myself. Was the number that high?