Chapter 10

"Darling darling wake up." Mike says as he shakes me.

"What!"

"I have to go coach wants me for another practice."

"But its Sunday!"

"sorry Sweety gotta go."

I nod my head and kiss him goodbye. Then I lie there looking up at the ceiling like I always do when I am thinking. What Doctor Richards said is still annoying me more than it should. Should I just go and get a pregnancy test, No, every person in the city knows who I am if they saw me getting a pregnancy test they would know that something was up.

I would just have to wait for the test results to come back from the hospital. I sigh and get out of my bed. Its still dark out so I decide to make some coffee and watch a little T.V. As the water boils I remember the day we lost our joy.

It was just a normal day, I was at home and he was at practice. I remember it so clearly I was on the floor doing some pregnancy yoga when I heard a drop. I thought it was just the sink so I continued. Then there were more drops so I looked down.

There was just a pool of blood. Just blood. I was scared not for myself but for my baby. My little joy. I tried to stop it but it just kept coming. Soon I was in so much shock I couldn't move. I just lied there in a pool of blood. I thought that if Mike came home and found he would think I was shot. He didn't though.

I remember the door unlocking and the big smile on his face. Then he saw me. He dropped everything and when over to me. I lost so much blood that I blacked out and then I woke up in the hospital. No longer pregnant. The doctor said it happens sometimes in early pregnancy.After that I became depressed I wouldn't move,eat,or sleep. It was a long time before I got better.

I owe all of that to Mike if he hadn't been there for me every second of this experience. I might have done something worse. Luckily, I did have him and I am still here because of that. The water now is over flowing so I turn the the heat down and pour some into my cup. I slowly stir it and breathe in for a long time. Then I release it. Almost like all my hate anger sadness have escaped. It has helped me a lot that way. I go over towards the couch and sit down. I turn on the t.v. and Love Story is on. I watch it till the end. As it ends the door opens and Mike comes in he's all sweaty and his face is bright red. I decide at that moment to tell him.

"Hey Mike."

He smiles and comes over and puts his arms around my waist.

"Yes dear."

I put my arms around his neck and say

"There's something I've been meaning to tell you."

"Yeah."

"The other day..."

I am interrupted by my phone ringing. I go over to it and answer it.

"Who is it."

"Shhh."

"Hello."

"Yes this is Doctor Richards we just got your test results back. Everything is fine and well we found that well you're pregnant."

"Thanks Doctor goodbye."

I close the call and fall to the ground.

"Honey whats wrong."

"I'm pregnant."