Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I look up at the clock again for the hundredth time. It has only been an hour since the doctors brought Mike in through those doors. I have not stopped crying. I keep on thinking that he is dead in there and they are just waiting until I stop crying. I never will though. I never will stop crying until I know he is all right.

I continue to cry when I hear two familiar voices talking. I look up and I see George and Lucas with Mike's hockey bag. They see me and come ove. Something must have happened after Mike left because George has a black eye and Lucas has two.

"Hey, you okay?" asks George.

"Yeah we saw that you were pretty upset when you left."

"Do not worry Shirley we got our revenge as you can clearly see." George says while chuckling.

"Yeah no one messes with our captain and gets away with it."

The two guys high five each other. I laugh. It goes quite.

"Is he okay?" Lucas asks.

"I do not know. No one has talked to me for an hour. I know nothing."

George places both his hands on my shoulders and says,

"Hey, he's a strong guy,he'll be alright."

I nod my head. They both stand and George places the bag by me.

"Tell him he is in our prayers, oh and we brought this. The whole team wanted to come, but their wives would not let them. Some of us got pretty banged up in that fight and they were just worried," says Lucas.

"Why did your wives let you go?"

"Well we told them we were going to check up on you and bring his bag."

"We wish we could stay longer, but we better be going." Says Lucas

"I understand. Say hello to Elaine and Helen for me."

"Will do." They say in unison and then walk off.

I cannot help remembering the event that made my darling unconscious. I cringe at the memory of him falling and not moving. I swear if I get my hands on that Jonathon Antos I am going to knock him down so fast he will think I am a ninja. That is another odd thing about Jonathon, he has had a weird fear of ninjas ever since he saw Bruce Lee's Enter the Dragon. Super weird. Anyway that is what I will do if I ever see him again. I stop thinking about that. Whom am I kidding he will hip check him so fast I will probably do two front flips.

I sigh, bury my face in my hands again, and continue crying. I hear footsteps coming and then feel a hand on my shoulder. I look up and see it is a doctor. The doctor seems middle age with a few grey hairs. His face is somewhat winkled. He is wearing blue scrubs and white tennis shoes. The oddest thing about him though is his smile. It seems kind and considerate but also serious enough that you know he is going to tell you something important. He kneels down and takes his hand from my shoulder.

"Your husband is okay."

I feel relief spread through my body. I still feel like something's wrong though.

"Is he seriously injured?"

"Not really, he has a minor concussion and a few bruised ribs, but he should be better in a few weeks."

I nod and ask, "May I see him."

The doctor nods, "Of course and I'm Doctor Richards if you were wondering."

I stand up and he leads me through the doors that the doctors entered not so long ago. We go through a series of beige hallways until we stop at room 12. I give a slight chuckle for my husband's number is 12. He opens the door and there on the bed is my husband he is sitting upright with no tubes or IVs in him he is wearing a blue and white gown, most importantly though he is smiling his "million dollar smile."