Chapter 7

Chapter 7

            I slowly open my eyes and see Mike.

            "Hey darling I am going out for a while be back soon."

            I nod my head and fall back asleep . When I awake again its night.

            "Wow I must have been really tired."

            I slowly stand up and call out,

            "Mike!"

            No answer.

            "Mike!"

            No answer.

            "Where is he?"

            I go to the kitchen and pick up my phone. I call Mike, but there is no answer. I begin to worry.

            "Maybe his phone died."

            I nod at this idea and get some grapes out of the fridge. I go to the couch and sit down. I slowly eat the grapes and then I feel terrible. I rush to the bathroom and throw up. When I am finished, I slowly go back over to my bed and lie down soon I am fast asleep.

            I wake up again and I see no Mike beside me. I rush to my phone. Its 8:03 A.M on a Thursday. I quickly call him. No answer.

            "Oh Mike where are you."

            I start to pace around and around. Then I break down crying. I sink to the floor. I clutch my legs sobbing into my knees. What can I do I think call the police? No that is silly they will say I am overreacting. I continue to cry for what seems hours until I have no more tears to cry with. I just sit there shaking.

            Then I hear the door unlock and in comes Mike. I rush to him. I hug him and kiss him. He puts his hands on my head and hushes me.

            "Hey hey it's alright its alright shhhh."

            I look up at him and ask,

            "Where were you?"

            "Well coach called me in early yesterday he wanted me to help coach the team then he asked me to do a lot of paper work and soon I just fell asleep out of exhaustion. I would have called you but my phone died and I didn't have a charger."

            "I am just happy that you are safe.

            "I am happy that you aren't mad at me."

            "Who said I wasn't mad at you."

            We laugh.

            "Next time could you leave me a note?"

            "Of course I will."

            He touches my nose ever so gently.

            "What would you like to do the rest of the day?"

            "Can we just relax?"

            "Sure."

            We go over to the T.V. and sit down.  For the rest of the day we watched movies ,told some stories about our friends, ate some food. It was nice. Soon it was late and we decided to turn in. When we were settling in Mike says,

            "I need to arrange an appointment for my concussion. On Saturday it will be a week."

            "Alright Ill get checked out too."

            "You still aren't feeling well."

            "Yeah."

            "Well how about tomorrow."

            "Really."

            "Yeah Ill arrange it."

            "Thanks dear."

            "You're welcome."

            We kiss eachother and fall asleep in eachother's arms.