he was standing there☼

Creator of the awesome trailer PlacidPoppies

Tell me the story..

About how the sun loved the moon so much..

That she died every night..

Just to let him breathe...

―   Hanako Ishii

solaris

   I was on my last nerve.

   Seriously.

   I was about to have a  mental breakdown here in Chemistry, 'cause having to two guys in front of me talk about vulgar things, and discuss them with great detail is an abhorrence to my ears. Oh, and I totally forgot to have my step dad sign my syllabus for this class too. So, I was already going to have a D in this class, and I suck at Chemistry--or anything science related, for a fact. 

  This could've been an easy A.

   I doodled moons on my notebook paper to keep sane, but the horny guys in front of me were getting too excited. They were at the point of their discussion where they thought to go into depth on their sex lives, and about whether or not they'd do it with a couple girls they named.

   I sighed, and attempted to draw the moon in its crescent form. I didn't know whether or not to color it in.

   If I kept the moon  uncolored then it could simply mean that the moon was shining, but then I'd have to shade around it darkly so that it could shine--the moon that is. 

   Drawing moons on my notebook paper and the desk was something I usually did when bored. There was something enchanting and beautiful about them. Moons were almost a mystery to us human beings. God's creation of the moon is something I really marvel at. I wonder what his purpose was of creating the moon. Yes, he wanted to give his people a light when the night consumed them, but what made him think to make it the shape it is, and everything?

   I never asked a scientist this because I probably wouldn't like the answer. I like to think about things in a more spiritual manner, and someone who could give me a more technical and correct answer would simply write me off as unrealistic and irrational.

   I started to draw stars around the moon, when I, for some reason looked up and saw him standing there in the doorway. Everybody in the classroom, including the teacher, didn't see him at first. I was the first person who saw him. 

   Our eyes met, but very quickly I looked away and went back to drawing the night sky. That my friend was what you'd call awkward eye contact. 

   He must've been a new student, because frankly, I never saw him around school. Even if it was only the third day since school started back up.

   "Hello," the Chem teacher (I still didn't know the teacher's name) said to him, "Are you late? Or are you just new?"

   The new guy looked a little flustered at first, but he made eye contact with the teacher, and smiled. "Uh, yeah, I'm new. Just recently moved here."

   "Well go and have a seat, I'll hand you a syllabus in a little bit. We're now going over some things we'll be covering in the text book this year." The Chem teacher walked away from the new guy, and the new guy went and sat in a desk next to me...surprisingly.

   I tried not to look at him. But I couldn't help but take one glance at him. No awkward eye contact was made.

   I didn't know why, but I kept sneaking glances. For some reason, he was fascinating to me. Maybe it was because he was a new face here at Warner High, and he wasn't really bad looking; he had a lovely smile.

   The two horny guys in front of me now had their voices in a whisper. And something told me they were talking about the new guy.

   The Chem teacher who gave the two horney guys a pointed look before speaking, said  to the new guy, "What's your name, son?"

   Everybody in class stopped talking for a sec to look at him, wanting to know his name as well. I looked at him too, out of curiosity.

   He glanced at me again, before opening his mouth. "Um, my name's Bade. Bade Sommers."

   The science teacher smiled. "Wow, cool name."

  Bade smiled that lovely smile of his again. "Thanks."

   I smiled to myself kinda, and went back to doodling the stars around the crescent moon on my notebook paper.

  )