Chapter 15 one thing

“Jennah!” Emme is calling my name. “Jennah!” I must have fallen asleep. She is shaking my shoulder, “Jennah, are we being that boring that you feel a nap is necessary? At least don’t snore!” She is laughing at me.

“I don’t snore!” I say back hitting her arms away from me. “I was just resting my eyes and thinking of last New Years’ Eve when I found out Harry liked me.” I am feeling drunk like I was then. I hope I won’t pass out again. That would be very embarrassing and make me seem like I cannot control myself. “What I night that was!”

“Oh tell us!” Two sisters Valerie and Tamar are sitting with us dorm girls. They seem interested in hearing a good story about me. They look like I am about to tell them I got them tickets to their favourite boy band concert. The dorm girls already know some of the story as it came up when we were staying up late one night talking about boys. The looks on their faces are giving me the idea not to tell them.

 I am not so sure I should. It was a good night, but so much happened and I don’t want them to judge me from my behaviour from that night. So, I just smile at Valerie and Tamar then I say with confidence in my voice, “It is a long story and I hope to share it with you as sisters.” They smile really big smiles back at me. I made the right choice. It was the correct answer. It shows that I can keep secrets and that I am smart enough to know where to talk and where not to talk. Sharing intimate details in a Fraternity chapter room at a big party is not a good idea, as anyone could listen in on our conversation.

We get talking about classes and profs, and other such topics about school, when Emme leans over and whispers in my ear, “Do you see that?” she motions over her shoulder at the doorway. “Don’t look so obviously, but he is doing it again.”

I give her a questioning look, “Who is doing what again?”

 Emme smirks and says, “He is watching you as he is walking through the room, but he is making out like he is looking for something or someone else.” She giggles but covers her mouth so he won’t see that he has been caught. “He has been through the room three or four times all ready, I am not sure when he started though.” Her blue eyes are full of mischief. She knows what he is doing. “He is looking at you, Jennah and checking you out.” When I hear her words I instantly blush. I wonder who is checking me out.

I slowly look over to the doorway to see Liam Payne standing there with a bottle of wine in his hand. I remember earlier. He was intently looking at me with his brown puppy dog eyes when we met. I was thinking of Harry, but Liam did get my attention and I did feel something from his gaze. He is looking at the sisters sitting on the other end of the couch.

I look away from him. But not without noticing first that his hair looks perfectly arranged to stand up in the front of his head.  How I can see his muscles through his bright shirt and skinny jeans. I blush more.

I am careful to look past him and wave to one of the new rush girls I just met, Taylor. But my eyes swayed over again and looked into his just for two seconds. His face turned on a smile as our eyes met again.  Is he blushing too? No. It must be the lighting. I quickly look away.

“Taylor,” I say to the tall blond skinny girl with blue eyes and red lipstick. “Come over and sit with us. We were just talking about what is happening for the next rush event.” She walks over. Liam looks me in the eyes again. He taps his right hand on his right thigh three times. He looks at the sisters sitting on the couch, smiles and leaves the room. I wonder... what that was all about. What was he doing anyway?

“Well,” Tamar, the beautiful Pi sister with skin like chocolate and a body which shows she loves athletics. (I am a bit jealous of how well her body looks in her bright neon dress, which looks like it is an abstract painting) She begins to say, “Jennah you have been marked.” Valerie just grins at me. “Good Choice Liam,” she says almost to herself.