On my own

Lucy woke up a few weeks later. The sun looked down at her and smiled, showing off its' bright rays. She stretched her arms and reached for her white, slightly cracked, ceiling. She got up out of bed slowly and sluggishly. She went to the bathroom, washed her face, and started to brush her teeth. As she continued to do her everyday morning routine, she remembered that Natsu and Happy weren't there anymore.
She had always woke up and looked forward to whatever adventure Happy and Natsu were delivering to her door. She was so used to seeing them every morning. Lucy looked through her open bathroom door and saw the couch where they had hugged. Just thinking about it, she wanted to curl up in a ball and cry. Her day just started and already she wasn't looking forward to it. Without Natsu and Happy it felt like there would be no adventure. Lucy continued her little routine and then headed out.
She wandered around the shops and restaurants she lived near, thinking about the times the three of them spent there. She passed by the restaurant they ate at when they first met and she smiled and looked away from the small eatery. She continued to walk and then stumbled across the shop they went to. It was a small shop, they carried mainly girly dresses and cute hats. Lucy remembered when she went with them to that shop. Haha I can still remember those funny hats they put on while I was trying on clothes. Those dorks.. haha
Lucy tried hard not to think about them anymore. She continued her trip to the guild. When she got there she went straight to the request board.
Just because they aren't here doesn't mean I can't go on quests myself.
Lucy looked for the easiest job, she wasn't feel all that up to an adventure today. But that doesn't mean that she couldn't use the money. On the board there was a flyer that read CATCH THIS BUG! 700 JEWEL!!
Lucy read the fine print.
So all I have to do is catch this little bug and I get the money? Easy enough. Let's do this!!
She turned the request form in and headed out. She seemed a bit lonely so she asked Plue to come along, just for the company. Lucy told all her troubles to Plue, who only replied with "Plue Plue!!" His responses made her laugh a bit, she was quite comforted by the sound of his cute voice.
They arrived at a tiny hut a few miles out of town. In a grassy field there stood a small, square house with two windows and a red brick roof which had obviously been worn out by the rain and wind that had beaten it so badly. Plue and Lucy walked up to the dark brown wooden door where they were greeted by a short old man.
"Hi there! I'm Lucy Heartfilia, I'm from Fairy Tail. You sent a request?" She stared down at the old man and his long white beard. The old man nodded at Lucy and pointed his cane inside his house. Lucy understood what he was signaling, so she and Plue went inside.
The elder sat her down and made her a bit of tea. The inside of his house spelled like an old shoe store. Lucy enjoyed the smell, it somehow reminded her of Natsu and how he smelled after a job. Her thoughts of Natsu were briefly interrupted when the old man sat down in the chair beside her. He placed the tea in her hands and began explaining the quest in more detail. Lucy didn't mind. There would be no one waiting for her when she got home, no pink-haired boy with the cute smile, no blue cat with his facetious remarks. It was just her, she was in no rush to get home.
The man began to explain who he was and why his house was so small and square. As interested as Lucy seemed, her thoughts were elsewhere.
"Now these bugs have beautiful scales. Like an emerald! If I can just catch a few, I can use their scales for designs on my shoes! These bugs are rare so they are in quite high demand. If I sell a few pairs of shoes, I'll make a fortune! Then I can finally fix up my shack. It's falling apart as it is." Lucy listens as he explained where to find the bugs. A couple yards away from his house was a forest with these majestic bugs. She would go into the forest and catch four, then bring them back to him. She was ordered to not kill them.
After the tea and introduction, Lucy headed out to the forest with Plue beside her. She was in the middle of the forest when she heard loud buzzing noises coming from the trees around her. She looked around only to see large, green bugs. Their scales shimmered and shined like the bright rays of the sun. She could not catch these on her own, so she called in some help.
"Open! Gate of the archer! Sagittarius!"
Before her eyes, a magical horse man appeared. "HORSE!" He replied to her calling.
"Can you help me catch some of those bugs up there?" Lucy pointed to the ones closest to the trees. Sagittarius nodded in confirmation. He used his arrows and darted the bugs to trees, pinning them there. The wings were fine, Sagittarius made sure the bugs were comfortable. Lucy grabbed the jar the old man gave her and placed the bugs in it. After thanking Sagittarius, she sent him back and went back to the square house.
The old man smiled as he saw them crawling around the jar. He handed Lucy the jewel she was rewarded. "I could not afford too much, but please take this." He handed her a scale from the green bug. She smiled and accepted his gift. She thanked him, left and went back on her way home. She wandered around the guild and ate some food before she went back home. The sun was slowly waving goodbye to Lucy, the brightness slowly dimming down. She laid on her bed and smiled at the ceiling.
I did it! I made it through the day without them! This was a lot easier than it seemed. You can do this Lucy!
Lucy smiled and convinced herself that she did not miss Natsu and Happy at all. She smiled and looked up and out her window at the orange sky. As the suns' rays faded away, Lucys' smile faded away too like a pile of dust in a tornado. Her smile soon became a frown filled with loneliness.
I miss them.. I miss them so much. I can't do this!
Her eyes filled with tears and splattered on the bed sheets like glass on a hard wood floor. She reminisced about all those times they spent together. Each memory made the tears flow faster.
I miss him.. so much..
She thought of him and his cute smile and the way he fell asleep. Her heart began to race. What is this feeling? Why do I feel so warm?
She had never experienced something like this. Does she miss him because he's her best friend, or maybe she's starting to think of him as more than just a friend..