When im

Full siteMy Mibba

Navigation

+

Read Info Comments23 ...

Homepage › Stories › When I'm With You, I'm at Home

When I'm With You, I'm at Home

July 1st 2016.

The sun was low in the sky, tinting everything with a pinkish-orange glow, as Jack pulls up in front of the house he shares with Alex, his fiancé. Alex won't be his fiancé for much longer because tomorrow Jack will marry the love of his life and Alex Gaskarth, will become Alex Barakat. As he grabs the tux which is hanging in the back of his car, Jack can't help but recall the saying his mother always used to recite when he was younger, "Red Sky at Night, Sailors Delight." As a kid this used to confuse Jack and his mom would then explain that a red sky at night meant that the following day would be a nice, sunny day. Jack took this as a good omen and even though he'd checked the weather report countless times and knew the weather was going to be glorious tomorrow, this red sky really made him believe that tomorrow's weather would be nice. The weather was pretty high on the list of things that he and Alex needed to worry about for their wedding, because theirs would be an outdoor wedding.

Jack hums to himself as he lets himself into the house, bending down to pet their puppy Raven on the head. He's lazing in his bed and barely acknowledges Jack except for a grunt and a whine letting Jack know he's stopping the puppy from taking a nap. Their other two dogs are probably spread out around the house and napping too because Jack can't hear them. He and Alex took the dogs on a long hike today and it must have tired them out. Jack is surprised to find Alex in their bedroom, the caramel haired singer is laying on their bed, his computer in front of him. The evening sunlight is streaming through their window and bathing Alex in light. In that moment, Jack swears he looks breathtaking.

"I thought you'd be gone already," Jack comments as he leans against the doorway watching Alex, he's really happy to see the older boy because he thought Alex would be with Zack already. Alex tears his eyes away from the screen and focuses his attention on him. "I'm pretty sure Zack, and May for that matter, would have a heart attack if they knew you were here. With the way they act you'd swear it was bad luck to see the groom at all before the wedding. I've already explained to them that with normal weddings, it's only bad luck for the bride and groom to see each other on the day of the wedding but Zack won't listen. He's all for at least 24 hours separation before our wedding."

Alex smirks at this comment because Jack has perfectly described the way their best friend has been acting. "I told him I was going to see my parents for a while. I even managed to convince my mom to tell him I was with her. I wanted to spend a little more time with you before they make us stay apart."

Jack carefully hangs the garment bag on the door to their closet before kicking off his sneakers so he can climb onto the bed beside Alex.

"I wouldn't put it past Zack to ring your mom and check. Our moms and May are having dinner together. They're too excited by the fact that we're getting married to wait until tomorrow to start celebrating. May invited me but I told her it wasn't fair that your mom got to see me when you couldn't." Jack explains exchanging a knowing grin with his lover. Their moms were ecstatic when they finally got together and when they got engaged, their moms would have gladly planned every single aspect of their wedding. Jack and Alex had decided to be the ones to do that, they wanted full control for their perfect day. "What are you looking at?"

Jack leans in closer to Alex, half lying on the older boy as Alex tilts his screen so Jack can see a photo of himself. It was taken a few years ago and Jack remembers that at the time it had appropriately been titled "Bed Head" He'd was sitting cross legged in his bunk after just waking up and he's shooting a very dazed and confused look in the direction of the camera. He's pretty sure that not long after the photo was taken, he'd crawled into Alex's bunk and went back to sleep.