Free Gift With Purchase

Title: Free Gift With Purchase [S/A]

Author:  detourtoyou

[ http://detourtoyou.livejournal.com]

Rating: PG-13

Warning: None

Pairing: Jack/Alex

P.O.V: 3rd

Summary: Mostly because Jack didn't have a crush on him. He just needed to buy stuff, Bath & Body Works just had everything a girl could want, and Alex just happened to work there. It just made sense.

_________________________________

If he went in there, he was never going to be able to live this down. But he really wanted to go in there, and it wasn't like Rian or Zack was with him to find out. They were off in some other obscure store in the mall, giggling like idiots.

"Hello. Would you like to try our newest fragrance, Secret Wonderland?"

Jerked away by the cheerful voice, Jack turned his eyes away from the large Bath & Body Works Sign to the salesgirl standing in front of him with a smile and a bottle of lotion sitting harmlessly in her small hands. He shook his head. "Um. No thanks."

With quick steps, he walked into the store as she went along to hassle another passing shopper. As always, it was moderately crowded with women and teenage girls all gaggling over the millions of scents. It was something Jack never understood about the female population, among other things. Why were girls so crazy over scented body care items? Did it really matter what fragrance the lotion, shower gel, shampoo, body spray, and hand soap were? Although if Jack was completely honest, some of them did smell pretty nice.

But that wasn't why he had come in. Well, not this time at least. No, he had come in because of the guy standing in front of the new Dark Kiss fragrance, a bottle of one of the many lotions in his hand and a charming smile resting on his lips as he spoke with a pair of giggling teenagers.

Jack's eyes narrowed, body jolting when he saw one of the girls touch his hand in an attempt to see the lotion. He didn't move, however, hanging back by a display of buy two get one free body lotions and pretending to look through them even though he didn't need to buy anything. His sister's birthday had already passed, which had been the whole reason why he had even stepped foot into the store the very first time, and Christmas was still two and a half months away. There was no reason for Jack to be here. Except there was, and that reason was currently trying to sell whatever product to the group of much too heavily make-upped girls and wearing tight dark wash skinny jeans and a flannel shirt with a red apron.

"Hi, may I help you find anything?"

Startled by the sudden voice, Jack jumped back slightly, arm spasming and knocking into the display of lotions. They fell with a loud clatter to the ground and garnered the attention of the entire store. His cheeks flushed red, embarrassment slipping into his veins as he squeaked out a meek, "I-I'm sorry!"

His humiliation only doubled upon seeing that it was Alex (and no, he totally didn't remember the name from the first time about two months ago when Alex first helped him) standing in front of him now, the group of giggling girls swooning at him from the cash registers. The heat behind his cheeks only flamed.

"It's okay. It happens," he said with a shrug, giving him an amused smile before crouching down to pick up the fallen lotion.

"Here, let me help."

Once all the lotion had been replaced back onto their respective locations, Alex dusted off his apron, asking again, "So, now that we got that out of the way. Anything I can help you find?"