Tyler let out his signature laugh, exclaiming, "Hey, Phil. What's up?"

Phil's grin grew because of his love for his best friend. "What are you doing?" he asked, looking at his hands in disappointment.

Tyler replied, "I'm doing math homework. Why?" Despite their almost daily get-togethers, Tyler didn't know what Phil was implying.

Phil offered, "Do you want to come over?" He hoped Tyler would accept, because he knew Tyler could help him with an issue. Additionally, they had so much intriguing gossip to talk about.

Tyler laughed again, agreeing, "Duh! I'll see you in a few minutes."

Phil scurried around his home like a stressed out mouse, cleaning and organizing slightly, as he tried to make his living space more presentable. "Mum!" Phil called, picking up a stray napkin that had fallen to the stereotypical, but strangely satisfying, black and white tile floor in the kitchen.

From her office, she loudly replied, "Yes, darling?" Phil's mother was always charming, kind, and put together, so, naturally, she used precious names to address her son, as well as almost everyone she came in contact with.

Phil grabbed red and white roses from the fridge, which is a strange place to store flowers, but the only one Phil thought of when he came home on that Friday evening. With the flowers in his hand, Phil entered his mother's study. "Tyler is coming over tonight," he informed, replacing the dying flowers on her desk with his roses and a clean vase.

Phil's mum smiled, as she loved Tyler. "Good!" she exclaimed. "Have him come see me when he gets here." Phil kissed his mother's cheek and left the room, allowing her to return to her computer, where she was working on an essay.

Phil opened the door when Tyler knocked, welcoming his friend inside and greeting him with a hug. "I need your help," Phil admitted, raising his hands and revealing his badly painted nails. "I can't paint the left hand at all!"

Tyler shook his head in disapproval. "You should've gone with the bubble gum pink," he critiqued. "You're too pale for that color. It makes you look like paper." Phil laughed cheerfully, nodding in agreement as they walked to the bathroom to beautify his hands.

As the night dragged on, Dan continued poisoning his mind and body by illegally drinking. He wanted to become totally wasted, hoping to forget about real problems and the scary world. On the other end of the spectrum, Phil and Tyler were making various types pancakes, from the classic chocolate chip to the exuberant rainbow sprinkles.

Surrounded by drunken, dancing idiots, Dan sat on the couch. Beside him, a blonde girl was passed out, wearing her hot pink bra over her inside-out, blue t-shirt. She only possessed one black shoe with a heel higher than the people smoking pot in the backyard. Dan stared at the black phone in his hands, wondering why Phil attempted to call him. He wondered about his own curiosity. Even when Dan was absolutely wasted, he always retained the small voice in the back of his mind telling him the proper behavior-not proper with morals, of course, but the voice allowed him to maintain his reputation. Therefore, Dan was confused as to why he wanted to call Phil so desperately. Groaning internally, Dan walked to the bathroom, checked behind the shower curtain to ensure his isolation, clicked on Phil's name, and pressed the phone to his ear before he could convince himself to do otherwise.

When the delicate chimes began to softly clang from the speaker on Phil's phone, Tyler and Phil jumped about thirty feet in the air, but that is simply the price one pays for watching a horror film. Tyler groaned and exclaimed, "Turn it off!" Phil chuckled because he had heard Tyler's sharp intake of breath when the phone rang.

Grabbing his phone, Phil saw Dan's name flash across the screen. Despite wanting to hang out with Tyler, Phil's curiosity overpowered the idea of any terrifying screenplay. "I'll be right back," Phil informed, walking to the bathroom. He hated being rude and answering a call while Tyler was visiting, but Phil wanted to speak with Dan, even if the whim was foolish.