11-The Kiss

A/N: I know. I'm on time. It's shocking. I might not be posting a chapter next Saturday because of Thanksgiving, but I'll be back soon. I hope you have a lovely week and I hope you like the chapter! ~Lily

Long silence followed the quick confrontation, leaving all three boys haunted and confused, especially Phil, who was unaware that Tyler and Troye were seeing each other. Eventually, Troye sighed and asked, "Can you leave or at least turn around?" Out of the trio, Troye was, by far, the most outgoing, and he was always willing to speak his mind and try to earn what he wanted.

Phil jumped slightly, shocked by the sudden noise, and turned slightly red as an embarrassed blush washed over his face. "Oh, um, of course," Phil rushed, turning to walk out of the room as fast as his legs carry him. "I, uh- I am so sorry." When Phil gently closed the door behind him, he heard a slight creak and the soft rustle of sheets from the other side. Low, quiet grumbles sounded as Tyler and Troye spoke, but the voices were muffled, and Phil immediately felt guilty for attempting to listen to their private conversation.

Phil began to overanalyze the situation, wondering why Tyler had a boy in his bed. Of course, Phil inferred a few segments of information, but he wanted to allow Tyler to explain the situation before he jumped to any drastic conclusions. Now, Phil Lester does not judge people; he's not a judgmental person and that quality never reveals itself in his attitude or character. However, Phil worried that Troye would play Tyler, and simply throw him away like a piece of garbage that no longer has any use or purpose. He felt guilty for worrying that Troye was a bad person before really meeting him as a person, but Tryoe Sivan was known for playing unsuspecting boys, especially gay boys who were still insecure and uncomfortable with themselves. Phil thanked his lucky star that he never fell for Troye's charm, and Troye had an excess supply of that.

Suddenly, the Tyler's bedroom door opened, surprising Phil who jumped off of the wall across from the door, and Troye walked out, now fully clothed and carrying a light jacket. He looked at Phil, mumbled, "Let's all pretend that never happened," and walked down the dark hallway, not once looking over his shoulder.

Slowly, he opened Tyler's door, scared to knock in case he awoke someone, for they would both die a long and painful death. Tyler sat on the edge of the bed with his head in his hands, but looked up at Phil and placed his glasses gently on his face. Phil looked down, ashamed he thought visiting Tyler in the middle of the night was a good idea, and feeling second-hand embarrassment from the feeling radiating off of his friend. "So," Tyler whispered, looking down with a red face.

Phil looked up, opened his mouth, but found it too difficult to speak to Tyler when they both felt so ashamed and embarrassed, and returned his gaze to his shoes. "I'm sorry," Phil whispered, trying to show Tyler how much he needed his best friend in his life. "I-I wasn't thinking. I just... I really missed you." Small tears formed at the corners of Phil's eyes, threatening to fall like raindrops, but Phil swallowed the lump in his throat and they quickly dried.

Tyler shifted uncomfortably on his bed, rustling the sheets loudly, and causing both boys to cringe. "I shouldn't've stopped talking to you. I shouldn't've walked out of the house like that. I'm sorry," Tyler quietly replied, hoping Phil would accept his offer of friendship. In all honesty, Tyler craved their relationship more than Phil desired it.

Phil looked down, uncomfortable and sad, wanting their friendship to remain intact with all of his being. Finally, his small voice asked, "Why did you get so mad about Dan?" Once Phil openly said the words, he regretted them, knowing that Tyler felt insignificant next to Dan, but he still needed the full answer, and he needed it from Tyler.