8-The Party

A/N: I'm sorry that it's been about seven and a half years since I've written, but school has been overwhelming. I'm on break right now, so expect chapters every Saturday and Wednesday, and maybe a few bonus days for the next few weeks. Thank you all so much for everything. <3, Lily

Once again, Dan was attending a 'famous' high school party by everyone's favorite legendary idiot, Caspar Lee. Dan and Caspar had been friends for a long time, but Dan, despite his own stupidity, often found himself annoyed by the boy's foolishness. In fact, Dan was usually aggressive and annoyed by most people, especially drunken fools. Quite hypocritical, of course, because of Dan's own drinking problem.

However, Dan was a fake friend, so he his lips raised into a smirk when he saw Caspar approaching, Joe Sugg trailing behind him. After the strange, stereotypical bro-hand shake-slide, Caspar laughed, "Troye's already gotten in someone's pants." He pointed upstairs, shaking his head. Dan could smell alcohol on his breath.

Dan rolled his eyes, replying, "Typical," with a nod. Honestly, Dan was immensely envious of Troye's comfort with his sexuality. Dan was extremely uncomfortable with his own, and still told himself that he was attracted to girls. Dan Howell was absolutely, without a doubt a straight heterosexual.

Louise approached, giggling and twirling her hair flirtatiously. Smirking again, Dan wrapped his arm around her and kissed her, though she revealed far greater passion than he illustrated. Louise smelled of sweet, flowery perfume, but Dan tasted beer on her lips. When they pulled away, he winked at her, despite feeling as though he was suffocating. Instead of allowing himself to drown, Dan decided to drown out the real world. Dan possessed a rather dangerous drinking problem, though he denied the seemingly obvious fact. Due to his dependence on alcohol, Dan remained mostly sober after his eighth drink. He could feel the alcohol flowing throughout his body, pulsing in his very veins.

His phone vibrated in his back pocket. Dan pulled the black device out of his pocket, seeing Phil's name flash across the screen. He wondered why Phil always called at such late and inconvenient times. Dan immediately pushed the decline button, not wanting to speak with the boy. He didn't want another drunken conversation, and he especially didn't want to be critiqued on his drinking problems. Deep down, though, Dan was conflicted about his strong desire to talk with Phil. He wanted to hear Phil's melodious voice and his cheerful laugh, like soft jingle bells on Christmas morning.

Although he usually worried before calling Dan, Phil eagerly pressed the call button. He was excited because Dan wasn't mad or biased towards him, and Phil was giddy, for some unknown reason, because of Dan's apology. In fact, Phil was confused about how he felt towards Dan, but he knew it was a good emotion, though it was foreign and strange. Phil was confused about the excitement discovered in calling Dan, feeling a new, gentle kind of butterflies in his stomach. His confusion continued when disappointment partnered with Dan declining his call. He knew that Dan absolutely declined the call because the phone only rang twice.

Phil didn't know that he was quickly developing a crush. Despite Dan's aggression and rude tendencies, Phil found himself charmed by Dan's apology, guessing that Dan didn't apologize, or even show emotion, often. Like every girl from every cliché book Phil had ever read, he was intrigued by Dan's bad boy character. Phil was extremely healthy for Dan, even if Dan would be potentially toxic for Phil. To illustrate, Dan's foul language was decreasing, though the process was slow. Further more, Dan had openly apologized for one of his mistakes. Most importantly, Dan was beginning to care about another person, which hadn't happened since his brother, and Matthew was never the best role model.

Phil frowned at his phone, but returned the object to his pocket so he wouldn't bother Dan. He looked at his hands as he thought, his own, strange habit, and an idea popped into his head. Though he felt slightly foolish for pulling it right back out, Phil clicked the call button once more, and was ecstatic when his friend picked up. "Hey, Ty," Phil greeted, smiling into the phone.