Te Iubesc

"Well glad that's over." Ares flipped onto Hade's couch and sighed. Hermes slowly sat down beside him and rolled his eyes, but mentally agreed with him. He was also glad that this situation was over so he can go back to being shy spoken again...or maybe not... Hermes promised himself that he would forget about his one-sided love and focus on himself, for who knows what the future holds.

"Oh, Ares your back." Persephone walked out and smiled warmly. "As well as Hermes, welcome."

"Yes, it's good to be in a quiet comfortable place sometimes," Hermes said, as he motioned for the fidgeting Eros to come sit down next to him.
Eros, while peering at Persephone, sat down beside Hermes.

"Oh, is this Eros?"

"Mmm," Ares answered with his eyes closed. "I'm sure my siblings wanted some alone time, while they sing their woes."

"B-but I assure you, I would have left on my own accord." Eros chimed.

"And go where? Wait in the woods? Yeh, that's a good idea."

"Ares," Hermes complained, but Ares ignores him.

"If you want to stay with Aphrodite that's fine, but you will also get to know what I do with my spare time. It's called bonding."

Eros nodded slowly. He was extremely uncomfortable but knew what Ares said to be true.
This was his father, whether he likes it or not. He just hopes he wouldn't be forced to fight in a war with him.

"Don't worry, I won't make you fight with me," Ares said as if he could read his son's mind.
"I have Phobos and Deimos for that."

"Who?"Eros said. He doesn't know anything of war or the people that wage in it.

"Ares basically adopted them as his own," Hermes said and materialized a small paper, then blew it into the air where it disappeared.

"They are magnificent when fighting. You will love them." Ares said proudly. At that moment, Eros felt jealous At the way his father boasted about the two.

"Well, you'll meet them in time. As of right now, just hang with me."

"As I recall, you have more half-blood sons that he needs to know as well," Hermes said.

"Oh yeh... I'll get to that later."

"And what is Eros supposed to do with you? The only time you do anything is when you're out staring a war." Hades walked in startling Eros to the tenth power.
When he entered the party, he had barely looked upon him, but now he was getting a full frightening view.

"I'm headed out." He said as he bent down to kiss Persephone on the lips. It was short but long enough for Persephone's arms to reach around Hades' neck.
"See you in a while." She smiled warmly. Eros couldn't miss the genuine love in the air. For he was born from it and creates it at will.
This love was something he hoped Aphrodite and Hephaestus would achieve without shooting his arrow.

"Well, It was nice seeing you, Hermes. And...Eros..." Hades stared at him for a while before walking out of the room.

"Ah, don't mind him, Eros, he likes to study people who have interesting powers, unlike his own," Persephone assured him.

"I see..." was the only thing Eros could say.

"Mm, let's get some sleep." Ares yawned, "I'll drop you home in the morning Eros." Ares stood and walked out of the room.

Eros smiled slightly, but Hermes knew he was annoyed.
"You'll get used to that as well. Come, let us rest." Hermes said as he pulled Eros up with him.

Hephaestus POV

"Ignorance is bliss, that is why he stole a kiss
before her death; they will be missed."

Aphrodite read the book she always did during breakfast time.

"Translation please," I said as I ate the last grape on my plate.

The goddess of beauty looked over her shoulder from the couch then laughed. "Its highly simple. Do you not understand Roman?"

"Of course, more so Greek, but that's not what I meant. What does it mean?"

"Ah," Aphrodite stood up and put the book back on the shelf, "She lied to the man about her impeded death and made him place a kiss upon her lips. With that, he caught the sickness and they died together." She spoke as she sat in front of me.

"Mmm, sounds tragic."

"Not anymore tragic than the death of Achilles, or Narcissus and many more after them."

"Sounds like something you would do."

Aphrodite cocked her head to the left then rolled her eyes.

"I would never be so selfish. You deserve to live a life even if I'm not apart of it."

"...What if I can't live without you."

"Haha!" Aphrodite's laugh rang throughout the whole room. It was music to my ears. "Honestly, you've gotten quite romantic, haven't you? But I would expect no less."
The goddess of beauty stood up and walked to my side. Then she placed a kiss upon my brow. Not the forced kisses she gave before, but a heartfelt kiss that any man should deserve.

Who knew we would make up as fast as we did. I know within my heart I trust her just as the gods do the sunrise.
Aphrodite, the goddess of beauty, and love stands before me with her head held high as she takes in my ugliness and blunt manner. For I know she is truly in love with me, not just because she has to be but, because she wants to be.

Suddenly, Eros came running through the door jumping and laughing as he ran to embrace his mom. I was even more surprised when he came and did the same to me. Although, I am not his father, in my heart I know I will think of him as my precious son.

This is a happy day.

"Aphrodite?"

"Mm?" She blinked expressing her confusion. Her face was so gorgeously percise and I was glad that it is finally mine.
And I am hers.

"Te iubesc." I said as I kissed her hand. She giggled then pulled me closer.

"Your pronunciation is good. But not as good as mine." She bumped her nose with mine and smiled deeply.

"Are you not going to respond?"

Aphrodite laughed while slightly moving backward.

"I love you too, Hephaestus, God of fire...in time at least...For it will be true, and not forced."

Hephaestus laughed a bit. Seeming to be slighted, but utterly delighted.

"I'll take that as a yes for now. Seems like I'll have to try harder."

"Not that hard. I could end up falling deeper tomorrow." Aphrodite moved a piece of hair from the man's face.

"But for now, I will say Te iubesc."

The End

Check out the new and mature Greek Mythology Series starting with the book Adonis & Aphrodite!