Reveal Pt.2

"Mother!" Eros jumped for joy and ran towards Aphrodite.
A short embrace was taken between two, but no one could ignore the slice of heat in the air.
Hephaestus couldn't stare at the sight of a lie that slowly, but surely became the truth.

Aphrodite looked past her sons embrace and cried at the sight of her husband. She couldn't bear the pain of hurt and betrayal plastered onto his face.
"Hephaestus..." Aphrodite began to tear up.
"Please forgive me...I...I."Aphrodite couldn't say sorry anymore because she knew sorry was not enough.

Hephaestus looked up and into the eyes of his love.
"...please, please don't tell he's Ares child?"

Aphrodite let go of Eros and fell to her knees.
"I wanted to tell you, but I couldn't stand to see you hurt."
"Mother, what happened? Whats wrong?" Eros was still confused since he did not know that Hephaestus and Aphrodite were married.

Hephaestus was restless. He didn't know whether to accept this in peace or bash her for all her lies. He felt like a helpless idiot while he looked up into the sky praying to god knows who.

Aphrodite continued to bawl her hearts out on the ground. "If I can do anything...please know I will try my best just please don't be angry with me."

Hephaestus laughed "Ah, that's right. You want me to feel pity for you and forgive you when you're the one that did me wrong? Am I supposed to act like I don't care that my wife has lied to me about having a child and loving Ares."

"I--"

"More so that he is the child of Ares who you frolicked around right in front of me."

"No! I--"

"Oh and don't forget our relationship? Knowing that our marriage was political, but you led me on to believe we would never falter."

"Because I--"

"Why did you agree to this marriage anyway!? Was it to mock me? Take me for a fool?" Hephaestus began to laugh at his pain.

"Did you think, 'Oh, Hephaestus won't find out. I'll just lie for decades to come and keep loving Ares behind his back'?" Hephaestus couldn't help but mock the crying goddess. He didn't know how to handle his own pain.

Eros looked at Hephaestus, he didn't know whether to defend his mother or let the god of fire keep taunting.

"...I know I cannot blame you for everything. I know in my heart that I will always love you, but I know you don't love me."

Aphrodite stood up. "Wait! I--"

"Do you love me? Do you feel anything for me," The black Smith squinted his eyes, "anything?"

The goddess of beauty bit her bottom lip trying to stop her tears. Slowly, but surely she shook her head...."I don't know.I can't deny that I don't have feelings for you, but...I also have feelings for Ares.
I'm just truly confused, Hephaestus."

..............................

"...I see. Well I'm not up for confusion."
A gush of wind went past the quiet gods. Eros regretted meeting with his mother, Hephaestus was at a loss of words and Aphrodite didn't know where here feelings lay. She wondered if she was lying to herself when she said she didn't love Hephaestus. Actually, she was lying.
How could she not live him. He was a great man. Hephaestus did not deserve this type of pain.

Hephaestus turned around. "Until you figure out who You love most, you can do whatever you want," and began to walk away.

"Eh? Hephaestus?!" Eros stood between the two. "Mother, aren't you going to go after him? Mother?!"
Aphrodite didn't answer. She could only look at his silhouette walk away in the bright sunlight. What more could she say? Aphrodite has to feel guilty, for she lied to Hephaestus about almost everything.

(Hephaestus POV)

I walked straight towards my chariot and flew off into the sky.
Where am I to go? I wouldn't dare go live with the Nereid's again after I have already troubled them for so many years. I'm not close with any of the gods and who am I to go barging into Zeus's abode when he probably already knew of Aphrodite's lies. The only other person I can think of is Hermes.

I've never prayed to a god before in my life due to my own sense of self worth, yet this time was different. I have no one else to lean on in this situation except for the one person who I deem worthy. Yes, Hermes might have already known of Aphrodite's child, but he has treated me fairly well and I appreciate his kindness.

While the sun began to set, I put my hands together and prayed to the god of dispatch and waited for a response. The second I put my hands down, a white note zoomed past the trees and into my hand.

"I am at the far west residence of Dionysus. If you do not mind the partying, come here."

I set my sights towards the west and flew to the wine gods home. As I stepped out of the chariot, I debated on whether I should go inside. Hermes stated that there was a party, but I was in no mood to be having fun. I felt furious and hurt.

Taking a deep breathe, I sauntered towards the front door where the guards were drinking juice like it was water. They seemed to straighten up as I walked in front of them, but they ignored me when they saw the symbol of the gods on my chest. I felt like laughing at that moment. Did they not know what a gods power can do, but instead they stand their guard for an uninvited human being. I can see that Dionysus is singularly heedless about these matters.

Steadily, I opened the door and heard music coming from the far room. Slowly, I turned the corner and a flash of colorful bright lights blinded my vision. Everyone was wearing mostly blue or white and seemed to be dancing around the room. Honestly, I was not used to this at all. Who knew a party hosted by the gods could be immensely extravagant.

Before I walked in, I scanned the room for Hermes and there he sat with the person, I really didn't want to see...Ares.