Bittersweet Festivities

(3rd Person)

Just like all of Dionysus's other parties, this celebration was big and crazy. Everyone was drinking, dancing, gambling, and singing to their heart's content.
Most of the gods were there except for Zeus and of course, Hera. Surprisingly Hades even showed up. Mostly due to Ares persistence and promising him that Zeus wasn't going to be there. All of the gods were at ease with Hades after his last speech, but they were still wary of him.
It was nearing night time and the party was just getting started.

"Hermes, try this." Dionysus handed his big brother a bottle of dark green liquid.
"Don't make me a taste tester to something disgusting again."
"Well, it shouldn't taste that bad...hopefully."
Hermes reluctantly took a sip of the strange water. His eyes widened at the exquisite taste.
"Wonderful!"
"The smooth harmonies of juice hits the tongue of one who is deemed innocent."

"Don't make up weird quotes." Ares came over and sat down beside Hermes.

"I speak the truth."

"Aye okay." Ares mocked Dionysus.

Suddenly, Hermes jerked up and materialized a note in thin air.
"Who's that for?"

"Hephaestus is wondering where I am. Seems like he wants to talk."
"Oh that's great! Tell him to come join us. I've been meaning to tell him sorry about last time." Dionysus said instantly.
Hermes nodded his head and blew the piece of paper into the sky.

"Can you guys take care of him please." Artemis came over with the drunken Apollo on his shoulders.

Hiccup! "Ughh. I feel sick."
"Haha! Don't puke on us." Ares stood up.
Dionysus touched Apollos shoulder and swiftly took away his impaired movements.
"Better now?" Apollo was the weakest drinker out of everyone. That's why when he did get drunk, it would be for showing off.

"Artemis, I'm surprised you're here."
"Apollo forced me to come, telling me to take a break." Artemis sat Apollo down then went about the room to socialize.

"We've never seen your hair so messy, Apollo." Ares laughed at Apollo who was indeed a perfectionist. 
"Don't speak nonsense. Here." Apollo rested his head on Hermes' chest. "You fix it."

Hermes began to string his fingers through Apollos hair.
"Acting like a child only with Hermes." The war god remarked.
"Same goes for you when you're around Hades."

Ares looked at Hermes because of his betrayal. No one knew except Hermes, that Ares acts more like a child when he's around his favorite uncle. 
"I didn't mean to tell him, it just slipped out."

"Slipped out my a--"

"Don't go speaking in modern language, we will still be offended." Athena showed up after getting off her high horse.

"Look, the king awaits for his wonder whore." Athena slapped the back of Ares' head.

"Try saying that again!"

"Sorry, I forgot you don't have a partner. Well not the sea god mind you."

"Is that supposed to be an insult? Well, it's not because I choose not to have one."

"That's right. You still think that, even after you once declared to become the wife of Perseus? Or was that just a ruse to make the sea god jealous?"

Both Hermes and Apollo side eyed the two of them. They thought, either it was going to turn into a fight or one would have to leave the celebration.

"You can't-fool me, Athena, for I know where your love lies."

Athena began to reach for her sword.
Good thing Dionysus handed Athena one of her favorite wine mixes to shut her up. But that didn't stop her from glancing back at Ares kneading him with her eyes.