Wedded

(Hephaestus POV)
The second sunrise came faster than I expected, I thought as I rode my chariot up Mount Olympus. There stood Hermes, waiting on my arrival. His eyes looked the same as yesterday; very listless. I landed and greeted Hermes who nonchalantly responded.
"Is there something bothering you, Hermes?"
He looked over and quickly smiled, "Nothing much... Do not agonize over me."
"I know we do not know each other very well, but I'm a man of sentiments."
Hermes looked in the air then straight into my eyes.
"Haha, actually I was just shy to ask you this."
"What's wrong?"
"It is not that big of a concern, but I seem to be having a problem flying."
"Eh?"
"Aye. Y-you see, I'm not strong enough to carry heavy things..."
I looked at Hermes for a while wondering if what he said was authentic. If this was the real reason why he was livid, then he must have been having this problem for centuries!
"I can construct an item to your stature." My brows were furrowed when I responded.
"Oh, I appreciate your help...haha..."

"Yo, Hermes!" Both Hermes and I turned around to see Ares running up the stairs.
"Ha, I won!" He turned and jumped up and down.
"Oh no..." Hermes said under his breathe.
I looked over to where Ares stood and a man with dark long hair slowly came up the stairs. His black cloak lingered behind him as he stopped in front of Ares.
"How childish, I am not participating in this wishful rivalry."
"Eh, come on uncle, live a little." The man slapped Ares on the back of the head then treadled past him.
Could this be-
"Hades..." Hermes said a little frightened.
"I cannot believe you still invited me."
"P-please just attend at least one consultation...y-you've proved your point at the last one."
"That may be true, but I still hate attending."
"B-but the other gods have accepted you." Hermes stuttered with his words and avoided eye contact with the scary god.
"Aww, come on uncle. I told you not to scare Hermes." Ares smiled and patted Hermes on the back, but he avoided his touch.
"What's wrong?" Ares looked upon his little brother, but Hermes ignored him.
"Lets go inside Hephaestus." Hermes uttered as he grabbed my arm.
"Hephaestus, god a fire?" Hades' eyes pierced mine and fear struck my core.

"You are...truly unsightly..."

silence...

I tried to calm my raging heart, but it was almost too hard to control. I stared at Hades with so much detest and hate, I could barely even stand. Hades had the audacity, to smirk while looking at my face filled my vexation.
Suddenly he slapped the back of my head, like I was a child. "Haha! It was a jest!"
What? A joke?
"Do not take it to heart my boy."
Hades walked past me, still laughing at the situation.
"Are you surprised?" Ares said.
"That was Hades?"
"That's just how uncle is. You should be glad he likes you."
"Like's me." If that's his way of showing, then I'll let it be.

"Let us go Hephaestus, we've kept them waiting long enough." Hermes pulled me along setting more tension between Ares and himself.
But enough about that now, I should worry about the beautiful women who is soon to be mine.

(Aphrodite POV)

I waited in the throne room where all the other gods stared at me in awe. I was waiting for Hephaestus to enter so we could begin this idiotic exchange. After this marriage, I was supposed to follow my fathers orders. Knowing that Zeus could reveal Eros to everyone on Mount Olympus made me cringe with panic, especially if Ares found out that he has a child.

"Aphrodite." I turned around and Dionysus pulled me into his embrace. "How sad I am that I will not get to see your desire loving body again."

I quickly pushed Dionysus off and glanced around to see if anyone was looking. "Please don't do this here." I looked back at Dionysus who gladly stepped a few inches back.