Chapter 4 - Back In Town

Start from the beginning

Jamie opened his eyes and pulled back, then looked at me with a look of regret and un-happiness.

“Jade-” Jamie started saying.

“Save it” I say, instantly leaving.

It’s time to go to my best friend’s place and cry, talk, eat and watch movies.

I walked down the street and flagged down a cab and got in it, giving the man driving the cab my best friend’s address.

I made my way up her apartment’s building, she opened the flat door and saw my red puffy eyes, and flushed and tear-soaked cheeks.

“Oh honey! What happened? Why are you crying?” Lily Collins said, embracing me in a hug.

“I-” I started, but the lump in my throat got in the way, and I couldn’t talk.

“Come in love, sit by the fire while I make us a homemade hot chocolate” she said, ushering me into the lounge room.

I sat on the white couch and wiped my tears away and stared into the fire.

“Here it is!” Lily said and brought us a mug of hot chocolate each. It was a Santa mug; it had thick, rich hot chocolate in it with whipped cream and mini marshmallows. I could tell just by her words saying ‘hot chocolate’ what the contents were going to be. She made the best hot chocolate in the world.

“Thanks” I said, the lump in my throat now disappeared.

“Tell me everything” she says.

I tell her everything from when Jamie said that Bonnie was in the city, finishing it off with “...and then I came here”.

"Oh honey! Forget him if he’s gonna be like that! I’ll talk to him tomorrow at filming” she says giving me a side hug, and rubbing my left arm.

"I mean it was totally different when he kissed you in the first Mortal Instruments movie, but he was acting. I was fine with that, but this. And he wasn’t even being forced to kiss her! He did it voluntary!” I said.

“Maybe you should stay here the night?” she asked.

"No. I’m going to stay somewhere else. After this hot chocolate I might leave” I say.

“If you think that’s best” she says, and we finish the hot chocolates and I leave, going back to Jamie and I’s flat.

When I got into the flat, Jamie was already there.

“Jade- listen to me, I need to talk to you-” Jamie says.

“Don’t even try that. I’m not staying here tonight. Oh and by the way, we’re done. We’re over” I say fast-walking into my bedroom and getting a bag and stuffing clothing and needed stuff into it.

“No! Jade, listen to me!” Jamie says.

“Why would I listen to you?” I say in his face, then turning around and getting out of our flat.

I decided I was going to go to my best friend Ashlee’s for the night.

Ashlee Brooks is her name; she had brown long hair that goes to the end of her rib cage, brown skin, brown eyes and is slim and tall. She is a model for the London modelling agent, but I forget its name. She lives a few streets away and she has a boyfriend. His name is Josh Marshal. He’s really nice and I approve of him. Ashlee is my age, 25. She is also really bubbly, and is a great listener, so I tell her everything. I love her; she’s like my other half.

I walked down the stairs and walked down the street.

I know I’ve been doing a lot of visiting, but I can’t help myself, it makes me forget the fact that I’ve been cheated on, and if I stay one place and mope around I’ll be depressed. The least thing I can do for myself is to be undepressed (if it’s possible in my position) and walking around is relieving that ‘depression’.