I glare at him. How dare he come here and tell me this? After everything, after he blamed me for not taking care of her correctly, after saying that I took her from him and now he comes here to tell me this? Bullshit.

"Jacob, have you even had a conversation with her?" I asked. "There's no way to know. I want answers from her and I will get them. After that it's up to me what I do, I'm a big boy, I don't need you watching my back."

"I'm trying to be your friend, Edward."

"Well, maybe you should stop trying," I snapped. "Our friendship ended a long time ago if you don't recall."

"No, I do," he said. "It ended when we both lost her. We both loved her and we both lost her that same day."

"How can you claim to love her if not even a year after she was gone you hated her!" I sit up and slam my bottle. "You came to my home with that other bastard to tell me to give up on her."

"I was mad then," he said under his breath. "I saw her as a monster that ruined my friendship with you, the girl who ruined your life. I was pissed. I didn't want you to end up like you did, daydreaming about a woman who may or may not ever come back."

"But she did," I said. "She came back."

"And who can guarantee you she's going to stay or for how long, Edward? What doesn't tell you one day she will be gone again?"

I shake my head. "I'm not stupid, Jacob. I know when it's worth fighting for and if she isn't, she can leave whenever she wants but if she is, I won't let her leave again. I just need to talk to her, I need to know what happened, why did she do this."

And as if the universe was against me, in that very moment, Lilly walked in my apartment. I groan, dropping my head back against the couch. Jacob chuckles and takes a drink from his beer.

"You're not a very good liar," I said without lifting my head.

"He isn't," Lilly says dropping her purse on the couch. "I found out as soon as he left he forgot his gym bag at home."

Jacob didn't say anything and I didn't open my eyes. I heard her huff and walk around my couch. The couch bounces when she drops herself on the it and opens a beer bottle.

"Okay," she said after she took a drink. "Mind explaining."

"Depends on what you want to be explained," I said without opening my eyes.

"Everything, starting from what the hell happened at the ball and why all of the sudden my brother who hates my fiancee are sitting in his living room drinking beer."

I shrug. "Let's just say we wanted to remember the good old days," I say sarcastically. "Ain't that right, Jacob?"

He didn't say anything.

"I don't believe that," she said. "Something happened at the ball because one minute everything is alright, the next everyone is acting all weird and telling me where to go, then after that there's smoke and everyone is in a hassle. Then you show up the next day and spend the majority at the police station and your family is keeping me locked at their mansion."

I shrug again. "Oh, you know. Some people have their jumpy days."

"Bullshit!" She snapped. I opened my eyes and look at her. "Why can't you just tell me? Why can't you just tell me the truth, I'm not a little girl anymore, I can handle it."

"Edward doesn't want you to know," Jacob said.

I look at him. "You want her to know? Go ahead, tell her." I drink from my beer. "You tell her, see how that works out."

Jacob smiled. "I will." He looked at my sister and said, "Isabella is back."

My sister's eyes popped open. "What? Isabella, as in, the girl that disappeared six years ago?"

"Yes," Jacob said. "She was at the ball, the police thought she was the one who put the had bomb but she claims it wasn't her."

"She was at the ball!" Lilly stood up. "Why? Why is she here?" Jacob pointed at me to answer her question. Lilly looked at me and groaned once she knew. "That's the reason you haven't answered my calls, right? You were with her!"

"No, I haven't seen her since yesterday," I said, sitting up. "And even if I was, what is it with you?" I asked.

She shook her head. "Edward, I..."

"Save it, Jacob already came to give me a sermon. Like I told him, I'm a big boy, sister. I can look after myself."

I stand up and walk to my kitchen to throw my bottle away. Just then someone knocks on my door. I know who it is but I let Lilly walk to the door to answer it, I guess she can finally meet her since my plan to keep her in the shade failed because of Jacob. I walk in the living room with another beer and look at Jacob, who is now standing looking out my window.

The sky is darker now, the clouds are almost like an ocean over the sky but darker, making the day look like the night. Looks like the storm will finally arrive, literally and metaphorically.

Both our heads turn once we hear Lilly gasp. Right there stood Bella, who closed her umbrella and looked at Lilly surprised. My eyes met with hers, her eyes looked at me confused before turning back to my sister. Lilly stood there frozen but Bella smiled kindly at her and offered my sister her hand.

"You must be Edward's half sister. I don't believe we have been officially introduced, I'm Isabella."

Lilly let's out a breath and steps back inside the house. She shook her head as she said, "It's impossible."

I chuckle. "I thought so as well," I said as I walked back in my living room. "Come on in, Bella."

I watch Bella as she walks in my apartment and looks at Jacob, who glares back at her with all the hate in the world. Bella smiled at him and said, "Hello, Jacob."

Author's Note:

New stories are up! Check them out!

Vote!

Comment!

~Joan0324