Chapter 26

Skylar's POV

I was in the kitchen making waffles when I saw someone enter the living room. The apartment is really open concept, so I can see almost everything from the kitchen.

I go into the living room to see who it is.

"What are you doing here?" She asks. She looks kinda familiar but I can't put my finger on it.

"I live here..?" I point out.

"Used to. But don't worry, I'll give you a couple days to get your things out," she answers smiling.

"I'm not leaving. This is my boyfriend's apartment."

"Aww that's cute. But I didn't really ask so you don't need to remind me. Next."

"What?"

"Ugh whatever I live here now so just get your shit out," she rolls her eyes.

"Who even are you?"

"Someone who's not homeless."

How does she know? My past shouldn't matter to her, but how does she know it?

She smiles and walks upstairs.

"Can you tell me your name?" I ask trying to hide my anger.

"You know who I am Skylar!" She snaps and look back at me.

"You look familiar but I'm not good at remembering names," I answer.

"Brooke," she says before turning around and going back upstairs.

I KNEW IT! I didn't really know, but I knew that I knew this person. What? Whatever. But she died her hair brown, which made her look like a completely different person. But what does she mean by 'you have to leave' ?

I was about to go upstairs, but I think it's better to just take a break from the fighting. A break from the the drama. It's too much. So I left the apartment.

I stroll through the streets with my earphones plugged in. When I was younger, I used to be obsessed with music. Not so much anymore though, but I do listen to it sometimes. I love bands like The Neighborhood or Green Day. Well I used to. Now I don't really care.

As I'm walking, I have a sudden urge to talk to Cam. I don't know why. I don't even like him anymore. But do I... miss him? No. How could I miss him? He's in with love me. Or is he? I mean, he did show up with his ex/new girlfriend. Maybe he's over me.

I soon find myself standing at his house. I want to knock, but I also want to just walk away and forget about it.

The door suddenly swings open and I see Cameron look me up and down before smiling. I could tell he was about to go somewhere.

"Hey Skylar," he smiles while staring into my eyes. I guess he's really happy to see me...?

"Hi," I say dismissively. I quickly look down and admire his black converse. I'm staring at his shoes for a while before he steps a little closer to me. I shoot my head up at his.

"Sorry, did I scare you?" Cameron speaks. I'm paranoid about literally everything so of course I was scared.

I don't talk, I just nod my head. He smiles again. I can sense his eyes staring at me, but I try my best to avoid looking at him directly. I'm just hoping he doesn't ask me to go somewhere with him. Or to hang out with. Or why I even came by. He probably thinks I want to be best friends now but I really don't. I just want him to know that I don't entirely hate him and I don't want him to hate me.

"I was going to Subway, you wanna come?" Cameron asks. Oh no. This is the last thing I wanted. If I say no, then he'll think I hate him, which I don't. If I say yes, I think I'll actually die of embarrassment and boredom.

"Uh.." I began. But I don't know where to end. Again, I let my eyes wonder off anywhere, as long as I'm not looking at him.

"I'll take that as a yes. Let's go," he quickly grabs my hand before I can decline his offer. My heart is showing no sign of slowing down. I'm probably being really dramatic right now, and most likely nothing will happen. But I just have this gut feeling inside me that's telling me not to do this.

We're soon in his car. This is just like when we first met. I was in his car, looking at everything. But this time, I'm not here by choice. I'm here because I'm too scared to tell him I don't like him. No, it's not that. I do like him. I like Cam a lot. I just don't like the fact that he's in love with me. Or was in love with me? I can't tell anymore.

We pull up to Subway and he parks. There's actually a drive through but he's choosing to go inside? Why? That takes more time and effort. He could just drive through and this could all be done so much faster.

He leaves the car, then comes over to the other side and opens the door for me.

"I can stay in the car,  I'm not hungry," I say with a small laugh to make things less serious.

"Come on Sky. You probably haven't eaten all day and I'll pay for it," he tries convincing me. "I'll be really sad if you don't come Skylar."

Ugh now he's making me feel guilty. I hate this.

He reaches out his hand and I grab it. He grins as he pulls me out the car. For a very second, he left his hand wrapped around my waist. But he removed very quickly, which I appreciated.

"Sorry," he whispered.

"Mhm."

"What?"

"It's nothing," I say looking into his eyes. I then look away the very next moment. We begin to walk towards the building.

"Obviously it's something Sky. I mean, just because I like you and you have a boyfriend doesn't mean that things have to be awkward with us."

I get what he's saying, but still. How could it possibly not be awkward? Whatever, I think too much. He probably means nothing by 'I like you.' Maybe he means that he likes me as a friend. I mean, isn't he dating someone?

I might update again tonight or tomorrow idkidkidkidk but I hope you like this chapter <3