fifteen

Self titled decided to play on my Spotify and I feel like I need a moment

Jenna's POV

Friday came once again, and Tyler excitedly went into his routine. It was like it was somehow rehearsed, yet he enjoyed the repetitiveness he did every week. Setting up for youth was hard work but satisfying, and it was always nice to be able to sit in the empty seats and listen to Tyler sing into the microphone to check if it was loud enough. I sat at the back watching him and Josh make random noises to check everything was working fine, Josh eventually getting bored and just tapping on the snare repeatedly. It was almost time to open the doors, and usually I'd be already out there greeting kids with Tatum, but today was different. Today was Tyler's last youth session before leaving for tour, and I wanted to reminisce his voice as much as I could before he left.

"Jenna?" Tyler spoke through the microphone, silent as he awaited a response.

"Sorry, what?" I asked, earning a chuckle as he realised I was in another world.

"I said" he smiled, "I want you to sit up the front tonight, is that okay?"

"Sure" I said, moving my way up to the front row. Tyler smiled before being escorted behind the wings, the back doors eventually bursting open, welcoming a mob of kids. Tatum soon found me easily, shocked that I was not standing at the back. We were joined by some girls that were talking to Tatum in the courtyard, both their personalities as bubbly as you could think. As the countdown on the large screen finally reached zero, the applause erupted, welcoming the Tyler and Josh I had learnt to love.

"Salutations everyone" Josh smiled, Tyler's face scrunching up as he turned to him.

"What?" He asked, giggling under his breath.

"Salutations" Josh repeated

"What does that mean?" Tyler asked, his smile so contagious, the whole room was laughing along.

"It means hello!" Josh grinned, his eyes squinting as they both giggled like children.

"Okay" Tyler shook his head

"Okay" Josh repeated, silence settling between them for a second, "Salutations"

Tyler couldn't hold in his laughs, his breath exhaling violently as he removed himself to the back of the stage. The whole crowd was entertained, Josh smiling so much, his eyes squinted to a point where you couldn't see his eyes anymore.

"Ok whatever" Tyler said, wheezing as he tried to catch his breath after laughing so hard. They finally proceeded with a random game they had come up with, everyone getting involved as they yelled across at others. It was enjoyable, especially now that some kids knew me by name, and even some knew me as Tyler's girlfriend, even though we never told them personally.

"Tyler's nervous about something" Tatum mumbled, pointing out that he was fidgeting on the stage.

"Why would he be nervous" I asked intrigued

"I have no idea, he usually is never like this. I've only seen him like this when he told us all about you" she smiled, my elbow 'accidentally' jabbing into her side.

"Okay okay, we have something to announce" Josh tried to quiet down the kids, "as most of you know, Tyler and I are going on tour for just over a month very soon"

"And this is our last night at youth before leaving" Tyler added, everyone moaning as they realised their favourite entertainers will be missing.

"But, we've decided on two people who we think will be great at doing pre-show" Josh smiled, "we haven't actually asked them yet though"

"Uh yeah" Tyler bit his lip, "we chose Jenna and Tatum, because we think they'd do a wonderful job"

Surprisingly, the crowd cheered so loud, my ears rung. My eyes grew wide as I looked over to Tatum, her face practically replicating mine. She was obviously much more confident than I will ever be, so she was fuming with excitement. But I wasn't too sure, I still didn't know if everyone liked me here yet.

"Is that okay ladies?" Josh smiled, his eyes looking like a puppy's. We both nodded, knowing I would never be able to back out of something like this. Tatum wouldn't let me, and Tyler definitely wouldn't.

--

"I can't believe you didn't tell me" I hit Tyler's arm with my small fist, his voice erupting in a chuckle that only made me smile.

"Where's the fun in that" he replied, our bodies sitting next to each other as he drove down the freeway. "And anyway, I needed to find a way to have you keep going to youth even when I was gone"

"Why? I hardly do anything there"

"That's why I made you a host" he smiled cheekily, "everyone loves you, you have nothing to worry about"

--

"I can't believe our show is so soon" Tyler smiled, falling back onto the bed I was sat upon.

"I can't believe I finally get to see you perform properly" I smiled back, wrapping my arms around his chest as I pulled him close.

"I can't believe I'm leaving you for so long" he sighed

"We don't think about that, you'll have so much fun, you won't even think of me"

"What?" Tyler shrieked immediately, turning as his face was inches from mine. "Jenna, I think of you every second of the day"

I couldn't even reply, just stared at his lips as he spoke. Finally, he leaned in, cupping my face as my eyes fluttered shut. His lips glued onto mine naturally, our tongues intertwining as it blew into a makeout. I couldn't help but smile, accidentally gnashing our teeth together before pulling away, Tyler chuckling, leaning in once again. I clenched onto his shoulders as his hands glided down to my waist, eventually touching my skin. my legs wrapped around his torso with ease. I didn't want to stop, his lips felt like caffeine that uplifted me whenever they touched mine.

"Love" Tyler said between the kiss, having to repeat himself before I realised he wanted me to stop.

"Sorry" I whispered, my cheeks warming as I lifted myself off of him.

"It's okay" he smiled warmly, "I just don't want to go too far"

"I know" I mumbled, "I know, I'm sorry"

Tyler pressed his lips into a thin line before wrapping his arms around me and pulling me into his chest, guiding our bodies to lie under the covers. Our legs automatically wrapped between each other, his fingers stroking the side of my thumb.

I turned my head to give him one last kiss before falling asleep in his arms, holding it for as long as I could. My head rested against his chest as I closed my eyes, his chin resting carefully on my head.

"Sleep tight Bella"

"Good night babe"

"Babe?"

"Can I call you that? It kind of felt weird" I chuckled

"You can call me whatever you want"

"Okay... babe"

A/N

EW CHEESE IM SORRY