Darius hates the Experiment Room because that's the only place where he can, is, or has to be vulnerable. And also because it's far in the West Wing when the Subjects usually roam around the East Wing. Darius is certain he's not the only one.

"Huh, you look like shit," a teen with a curly blond hair and undercut tells him, his height a few inches taller than Darius. His copper eyes observes Darius' pale face for a split second.

"I've seen shit look better than you, so shut up," Darius casts him a look as he walks past him.

"I was about to ask you if you're okay, but you seem grand," He shrugs.

"Do I look... I don't know, alien?" Darius raises an eyebrow.

"Nah, far. You just look paler that's all," he shrugs. "And aliens would look a shit ton better than you do. With sparkles and shit," Xavier chimes in, which earns him a light punch from Darius.

Darius' face is a shade paler than his normal bisque. Subtle shades of purple are visible on both sides of his cheeks. Shadows form under his eyes, but he doesn't feel anything worse than a bit lightheaded. But no matter how weak and vulnerable he looks, they're not as unbearable as his demonic yellow eyes.

'Subject 16A, #3, S' the hologram flashes from his iron bangle.  "Gideon won't bring me down just because I look vulnerable," Darius raises his chin.  "Xavier,"

"Hm?" The blond, 'Xavier' looks at him.

"When did the other subjects come back from the West Wing?"

"..." Xavier pauses for a while. "Every one except you finished 4 hours ago, Darius,"

"Am I... Excused?" Darius asks, his face slightly puzzled, as if the words sound foreign to his ears.

"Yeah, the instructors already know beforehand that you'll finish later than every one else,"

"I woke up in the middle when they were doing it, so they injected me with anesthetic again," he sighs.

"It's not that, Darius," Xavier's face falls from his usual playful expression. "They found a method that's compatible to your Gift,"

"Oh, I'm going to die faster then," Darius thinks to himself. "Oh, that sure explains it then," He nods at Xavier, without adding any personal comment.

It's not obvious, but Darius does notice the slight change. He noticed the way Xavier peers at the hologram when it flashed #3. The number that represents where you are among the subjects of your batch. Darius makes a mental note to watch out for the other subjects' behavior as well, after all, he doesn't want to be every one's target. He stops thinking about it, partly because he doesn't believe if his Gift can be enhanced.

Above a metal door is a slot with moving red letters in a digital font. 'Subject Quarter Rank S', it reads. Darius unlatches the handle door and different kinds of expressions flash in their eyes— jealousy, hatred or maybe some didn't bother to look at him at all. [namely, the top 1 and 2s]

Darius relaxes when he sees Ignis with a friendly smirk on his face. Almost out of habit, he decides to glance at his bangle. '26C, #10, S' it says. Darius had always been worried about other people's ranks, but not about Ignis. Even though Ignis is one of the lower ranks, he has this hunch that
he won't betray him over his ranks. At least, he's never shown otherwise.

"I lost the bet with Xavier because you made it past 2 hours," he sighs.

"Shouldn't have done it in the first place," Darius shakes his head.

"I know, he's had a streak for 3 weeks now!" Ignis puts his hands on his temples and releasing it, like his mind was blown away.

"Did you two place your bets on me again like today?"