A Girl Like Me

_Isabella_

"It was great to really hang out with you again is, I'll see you tomorrow." Tj gave me a hug before climbing out of my car.

"See you tomorrow!" I yelled before he closed the door. I made sure he was inside before I drove away.

I pulled into my driveway behind moms car and hopped out, stopping to grab my backpack from the back end of my Blazer before literally skipping inside.

Mom must have gotten out of work early today, Tj and I hung out right after school for about 2 hours.

"Hello mother." I yelled as I walked in.

I walked into the living room to see dad and mom, along with my grandparents from my mom's side.

"Ooh, bad time. I'll be heading back out." I said as they all looked at me.

"It's fine mija, come here." Dad said as he stood up for a hug.

I went over and hugged him tightly.

"Hey Grandma and Grandpa." I said happily and hugged them next.

"Hey sweetheart." Grandma said with a big smile as I hugged grandpa.

"What's going on?" I asked as dad sat back down.

"It's nothing Isa, how was school?" Mom asked, her voice sounded tired.

"Same as usual, boring and I knew half of it." I said it a shrug before putting my backpack down by the front door, hanging my keys up aswell.

They started to talk quielty as I walked away. I went into the kitchen and grabbed an apple, taking a seat at the island as I ate and scrolled through Instagram.

It must be serious, whatever they're talking about that is. It's only Wednesday so I'm not going to dad's house until Friday, plus, from what I've heard my grandparents aren't particularly fond of dad.

Eventually I went up to my room to start homework. I was in a very good nodded today.

First, Jason sent me the cutest good morning text. I'm not usually one to get feelings from soemthing like that, but that boy had me smiling like an idiot throughout the morning. I had scored higher than my grade level one not one, but two state mandated tests, my friends and I made plans to go do something together, I passed my AP US History unit test, and to top it off. I got to hang out with one of my best friends for a few hours.

I smiled as I put my heavy back on my bed. I turned on my laptop and opened up youtube, I shuffle the playlist of my mix, turning the sound all the way up.

I sang along quietly to Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit, as I did my Algebra 2 homework.

I hummed along to the classic rock mix that flowed through my laptop speakers for a few songs before I stood up from my desk and reached over to open my window.

It was warm outside but not extremely hot.

A nice break came in my room as I sat back down and pulled a different youtube playlist up.

Day of the Dead by Hollywood Undead was playing as I worked on APUSH. There was a knock on my door, I paused my music before bouncing over to the door.

I opened the door to see dad standing there.

"Hello dearest father." I said with a bright smile.

"Hey baby girl, I was just letting you know that your grandparents are about to head out." He told me, his voice mimicked moms earlier. They both sounded tired.