Chapter 17

Chapter 17

       I didn't know how long I've been here. It could have been an hour. It could have been two. Maybe even ten minutes.

       All I know was that it felt like a lifetime. 

       I looked at my phone, checking the time. Okay, so I had been sitting here for an hour and I had no idea how long it would take.

       Isadora, Seb, and Artemis have all been trying to contact me by texting me or calling me, but I just ignored them. I'm not going to lie, I was kind of blaming them for this. If they just grew up and got over what happened, Seb would have been focusing on what he was doing and he wouldn't have put garlic in the pasta, forcing me to go out with Skittles.

       And it wasn't like I could just leave Skittles at home. My psychiatrist told me to, whenever I could, have someone with me at all costs, even if I was going out for a little bit. There was no predictions on what could happen If I were to go out alone.

       They were getting worried, but I didn't care. Okay, a part of me cared, but the rest of me didn't.

       Even though I was very worried about Skittles, I ended up falling asleep. However, I was shortly woken up by someone softly saying my name and shaking me awake. I slowly opened my eyes, rubbing them to clear my vision.

       Great.

       All three of the people I tried to ignore, plus Evelyn, were here.

       "Dax, what happened?" Isadora asked.

       "How'd you know I was here?" I asked.

       "Find my phone," Isadora said.

       "That's a bit stalkerish," I said.

       "No, it's being worried about you," Isadora said. "You told me you were on your way home, but it has been an hour, so I had to find you since you're ignoring us."

       "Can you blame me?" I asked. "It's all of your fault."

       "Dax, you can't blame us on what happened," Seb said. "What did happen, anyway?"

       "I would tell you, but I'm not going to," I said.

       "Would you stop acting like this?" Seb asked.

       "Like what?" I asked. "I'm the only one trying to move on over what happened. I don't care about it anymore, and neither should any of you, especially you and Isadora. Artemis and I both stated that we aren't mad at you and we can't hate you over it, so just grow up and get over it."

       "We're trying," Seb said.

       "Obviously you're not trying hard enough," I said. "You put garlic in food that I was about to it, so I had to go out for dinner. Skittles could be dead, all because you guys can't get over it!"

       "Dax...." Isadora said softly, resting her hand on my shoulder.

       However, I moved away from her touch. "Can you guys just leave? I'd rather be alone right now."

       Isadora sat down beside me. "I'm not leaving you like this, Dax. I don't care if you want to be alone. I don't care if you don't want to be around me. I'm staying whether you like it or not."

       Well, I couldn't disagree with that.

       Isadora looked at Seb and Artemis. "You two should head home. Evelyn probably won't be able to fall asleep in here."