Chapter 2

Whenever it doesn't say whose POV it is, then it's Dax's.

Chapter 2

       I woke up with a pounding headache, groaning as I shifted in the bed and buried my face into my pillow. The door creaked open and the bed shifted as someone, most likely Isadora, sat down on it. "Hungover?" she asked as she rubbed my back.

       I sighed, turning my head so I was looking at her. "Did I drink?" I asked.

       Isadora nodded. "Yes, and you were crazy. You jumped off the roof off the house and into the pool."

       "Was it cool?" I asked with a small smile.

       "It was dangerous," Isadora said.

       "But was it cool?" I asked. "Did people like it? Could you say it was a....splash?"

       Isadora rolled her eyes before leaning down a kissing my cheek. "Do you need some painkillers for your headache?" she asked.

       "No," I said. "Painkillers don't work for my headaches?"

       "What are you talking about?" she asked. "They do work."

       "No, they don't," I said. "But you know what does help my headache?"

       "What?" she asked.

       "Sex. Preferably shower sex."

       Isadora rolled her eyes and got up from the bed. "I'm getting you some painkillers."

       I sighed when she left. She was always so mean to me and I was so nice to her. Okay, so I was an annoying piece of shit sometimes, but I was still nice to her, yet she always refused shower sex.

       Isadora returned with a glass of water and some painkillers for my headache. I thanked her before taking them with a gulp of water and laying back down on the bed. "You really need to stop me from going to parties and drinking," I said.

       "Uh, I tried," Isadora said. "But one, you sneaked off. And two, it was next to impossible to find you at the party. But luckily, I heard people chanting your name and saw you on the roof right before you jumped down."

       "It still was cool, right?" I asked. "I mean, obviously it was because people were chanting my name."

       Isadora laid down beside me, resting her head on my chest. "Okay, yes, it was pretty cool. Still dangerous, but cool. Hey, I have a question."

       "What is it?" I asked.

       "Well, you know when you're drink, you do things you want to do but you're too afraid to when you're sober?" she asked and I nodded in reply. "And you used to like Artemis, right? Did you....did you actually want to kiss her that time that you did? Before we met?"

       I sighed. "I don't know. I got over her when I was sixteen and I was seventeen when we kissed. I think, like Artemis, it could be because the memories of those feelings came back."

       "Wait, she liked you?" Isadora asked.

       "Well, Seb told me it was more of an attraction," I said. "Why did you ask them?"

       Isadora sighed. "It's just....You and Artemis are really close at times and sometimes...."

       "You worry that I'll still like her?" I asked. "Isa, I don't, okay? I love you and I wouldn't have given you that promise ring. Don't be worried about it, okay? And we're only close because when she moved back, she was there for me at times when my brother was being a loser."