Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Isadora

       Since Dax's class started about half an hour after mine on Tuesdays, I usually waited for him in the cafeteria so we could either stay here for a bit or just head home.

       Stacey walked up to me and sat down beside me. "I made a big mistake," she said.

       "What did you do?" I asked.

       She sighed. "Well, I went to go talk to Ashton because I was pissed that he was ignoring me when I was supposed to be the oneto ignore him, and we got caught up in the moment and we had sex again."

       I raised an eyebrow. "You did?"

       "Yeah," she said. "I'm sorry."

       "Why are you sorry?" I asked.

       "Because my revenge didn't work," she said. "I only did it so he would call me and I would ignore him."

       I rolled my eyes. "Stacey, you don't have to get revenge on him. I'm over him and the way he acted."

       "Yeah, but...." She was cut off when her cell phone suddenly buzzed with a new message. She looked at it, then smiled. "No way. It worked!"

       "He texted you?" I asked.

       "Yes! Now I can ignore him!" she said, locking her phone. "So, what's new?"

       "Nothing much," I said. "Dax is the same weirdo obsessed with shower sex and I try to ignore it."

       "I still want to try that," she said. "What's it like?"

       "I'd rather not talk about my sex life, thank you very much."

       "You're boring," Stacey said.

       "Thanks, I try," I said.

       Stacey's step-sister, Leanne, hurried over. She was taking music courses, so she was in some of Dax's classes. "Isadora, something's wrong with Dax," she said.

       "What do you mean something's wrong with him?" I asked. "Is he sick or something?"

       Leanne shook her head. "No, he started freaking out at nobody in particular and when our professor tried approaching him, Dax freaked out at him too, saying how he's out to get him. I don't know if he's doing it as a joke because he seems like a jokester, but...."

       "Show me where your class is," I said, getting up from my seat. I told Stacey to watch my stuff as Leanne led me to the class.

       When we got there, I saw Dax on the opposite side of the room, sitting against the wall, covering his eyes and closing his eyes. His professor was trying to calm him down, but Dax kept telling him to go away. Most people were working on a project, not paying attention but occassionally glancing at Dax, and a few people were just watching.

       I hurried over to Dax and knelt down in front of him. "Dax?"

       "Just go away!" he said, not knowing it was me.

       "Dax, just look at me," I said. "It's me, Isadora. Look at me, please."

       Dax slowly opened his eyes and looked at me. I could see the fear in his eyes, something that wasn't shown often. "They're out to get me," he told me in a strained voice.

       "Dax, nobody is out to get you," I said. "Why would you think that?"

       "They told me, Isa," I said. "They told me that....that everyone is out to get me just because I'm getting a high grade in this class. It's not my fault, I swear."