Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Isadora

       It has only been three days with Dax in the psychiatric hospital, but it felt like a lot longer than that. I couldn't visit him quite yet because the nurse's wanted him to take a break from everything and as much as I hated not being able to see him, I knew it would only help him get better.

       I went to the cafeteria and got myself some coffee since I really needed to keep my energy up. I haven't been able to sleep and I had to sit through a boring lecture.

       After getting my coffee, I sat down at the table where Stacey and Leanne were. "You look dead," Stacey commented.

       "I know," I muttered. "I haven't been getting much sleep. It will pass soon." Once I was able to visit Dax to see how he was doing.

       "So....How's Dax?" Leanne asked. "He wasn't here at all last week and he's not here today. Is he sick?"

       I sighed. "Dax is currently in the psychiatric hospital," I said.

       "Wait, what?" Leanne asked. 

       "He's schizophrenic," I said. "And lately, he has been acting up and he has been getting all these symptoms that he never had before. He hasn't been taking his medication, but we think there's something else that's causing him at act up, so we had to send him there."

       "How long will he be in there for?" Leanne asked.

       "I don't know," I said. "I'm guessing not long because they said that he's already making progress. He only freaked out once since he has been there."

       "Has he been schizophrenic his whole life?" Leanne asked.

       I shook my head. "No, he developed it when he was fourteen. He went through something and it really affected him. It still does. Can we talk about something else? I love him and everything, but I haven't been able to visit him and it's dragging me down."

       "Ooh, I got a topic," Stacey said. "Don't hate me."

       "Why would I hate you?" I asked.

       "Because she keeps hooking up with Ashton," Leanne said.

       "I was going to tell her that!" Stacey said, punching her step-sister in the arm. "This is why I don't tell you anything."

       "And why would I be mad because of that?" I asked.

       "Because you used to like him," Stacey said.

       "Yeah, but that was over a year ago," I said. "And I'm with someone I am very much in love with, so I literally do not care about Ashton at all. Why do you keep hooking up with him, though? I thought it was a one time thing."

       Stacey sighed and rubbed her forehead. "It was supposed to, but....I don't know, something's different about him. I haven't even hook up with any other guy since."

       "Wow," I said. "You can do what you want, but just be careful with Ashton."

       "I will," Stacey said. "Besides, nobody could break me." She looked at something passed my shoulder. "Yes, that sexy piece of meat is back."

       "Seb?" I asked.

       "Is that his name?" Stacey asked. "Because that is hot."

       "Didn't I tell you that he's married?" I asked. "And he has a kid?"

       "Those are some minor step backs," she said.