Chapter 2: A New Threat

3rd POV

Fairy Tail, SaberTooth, Lamia Scale, and Blue Pegasus partied at the fairy tail guild. Everyone was laughing and drinking and fighting. There was one person though in the shadows of the guild. He was there alone. Lucy noticed that there was one person out of the huge picture, it was Rogue. Lucy sneaked past everyone and walked towards Rogue in the corner.

"Hey, Rogue. Why don't you come join everyone?" Lucy says.

"I'm not one to party." He stated.

Lucy smiled and grabbed his arm, "Come on. This is my welcome back party, at least fight someone. Or sit at the bar."

Rogue sighed as he stood up and made Lucy let go of his arm.

Rogue's  POV

I sighed as Lucy made me stay out of the dark corner. I made Lucy let go of my arm as I walked to the bar. I saw Lucy walk to Erza.

"Would you like anything?" Mirajane asked.

"No thank you," I said emotionless.

Lucy's POV

After I made Rogue at least go to the bar I went to Erza.

"Hey Erza, anything new?" I said.

"Nope, but there are a lot of couples in fairy tail now. You know even Romeo and Wendy are good friends now." She said smiling.

"That is not surprising. Wendy has no one else her age in the guild. And if it weren't for the 7 year gap we would all be older," I stated.

"Yeah, but still Wendy would be the only one in her age if she had been 7 years older." Erza said.

"Yeah your right about that. Anyways how are you and Jellal?" I questioned.

"We're doing just fine," Jellal said walking towards us giving Erza a kiss on the cheek making her blush.

"Hahaha. Well I better get going around the guild. See yah," I said trying not to make it obvious that I'm trying to let them be alone.

I saw Rogue at the bar and went up to him.

3rd POV

Lucy headed to the bar while dodging some chairs and tables flying her way. When Lucy made it safely she sat next to Rogue.

"So, are you going to do anything?" Lucy asked watching Rogue watch the others fight.

"Nope. I don't feel in the mood to fight," He stated.

"Would you fight Gajeel?" Lucy asked.

Rogue just shook his head.

"Why, hello Lucy. I saw you talking to Rogue when he was in the corner." Mira said even though she knew Rogue was there.

Rogue turned and looked at Mira while Lucy said, "I didn't want him to be alone in the shadows at the corner of the guild."

"The shadows are my friends," Rogue said as stoic as ever.

Lucy sighed and said, "You are way too lonely, Rogue. Do you even hang out a lot with your friends at SaberTooth?" I said.

"I do hang out with them. And I'm not a loner." Rogue argued back.

"If you hang out with them why don't you hang out with all the other guilds too." Lucy said back to him.

"Rogue," a green exceed with a pink frog costume said.

"What is it frosch?" He said smiling to the exceed and picking her up. A/N: I don't know if Frosch is a girl or boy.

"So, even you can smile," Lucy said.

"Of course I can." Rogue said with a hint of anger.

"Now. Now. You two stop arguing like a couple." Mira said smiling at a new ship.

"We are not a couple," Rogue and Lucy said in unison.

Mira started giggling and said, "I know, but I now have another ship for Lucy."

"What's a ship?" Rogue asked.

"A ship is when you take two people who you would want dating, or something like that." Lucy stated.

Rogue sighed and walked off to the corner he once was in.

"Mira, look you drove him away. I was hoping for him to get along with everyone." Lucy said.

"You worried about him?" Mira asked.

"Yes, of course he is my friend," Lucy says.

"Or maybe he may be more in the future." Mira said giggling.

"Never," Lucy said shaking her head no with a blush.

Rogue's POV

I walked back to the corner I was at before.

"Frosch is something wrong?" I asked her.

"I saw something. And it scared me. I saw it through the window. It's still there, Rogue, I'm scared. I feel like it's going to hurt us." Frosch whispered so not even dragon slayers can hear only I could.

I used a shadow to look out the window and saw that someone was watching. I made the shadow come back.

"It's going to be okay Frosch I will protect everyone, I promise. With my new power no one will die on my watch." I said staying cautious.

I could feel the dark magic and how strong it was. This person, this man was strong. Super strong. I could tell only the people who realise it can feel his magic. I could tell that no one realised that man was watching us.